Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my new '18 Challenger T/A is 8 days old and has 170 miles on it. I ordered the car with the optional Pirelli P Zero 3 season tires on it in the P275 size that comes on the T/A 392 cars. There are several small nicks and chips in the paint already behind the front tires from small stones and road debris being kicked up by the tires. The car has been driven on nothing but paved roads but just about every road I turn onto, you can hear the stones being thrown up into the wheel wells. Are these P Zeros just that sticky or are the standard P Zero Nero's just as sticky? It's like I've got bubble gum wrapped around the rims. I ordered a set of the RPI Designs low profile Hellcat splash guards to try and block some of the stuff coming of the tires.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
I think it's a combination of the tires being reasonably sticky and them being a goodly bit wider than the bottom of the wheel wells. I had T/A 392 just a few days when I noticed that the car liked to throw crud up on the rocker panels and rear fender. I added the MOPAR splash guards and all is well now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts