Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
- See attached image -
:smiley35::smiley35::smiley35:

The biggest crutch on my car is that Uconnect system. I dont see how they can even try and charge for a map update in a day and age when google maps and waze are so much better, faster and more accurate. Granted, I get offended that they try and charge for text to speech on a system that they no longer provide updates for. It's stuff like this that really makes me consider buying another vehicle from them again.

And also the fact that I paid almost 50k for a car that I cant even pay to upgrade the outdated Uconnect system on?.. that's another rant for another day. :wink3:

FYI this is a friendly rant folks.. i promise i wont go run my car off of a bridge or anything. :wink3::smile:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,202 Posts
I got that email for both my Ram and Challenger. I saw the price and laughed. So to keep Uconnect, Sirrius/Xm and updated maps current for both my vehicles would cost about $1000 a year. What a scam. This is why cable TV is about extinct.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I like how it says 'free shipping'. As if the data usage isn't baked into that absurd price, lol

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
I laugh every time they want me to "upgrade" to the NAV system in the Jeep or Challenger. What is this, 2005? The NAV system in my 2012 Challenger was so horrible, I never used it. Our phones are way better than the crappy systems in the cars, now.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I’ll be the odd man out here. Ha ha.

The 8.4AN Nav system in my 2015 R/T is ridiculously good and I bit the bullet and paid the $150 or whatever it was to update the maps on it this year. I had several new major roads in my area that were missing that are now represented. It integrates with the Yelp app, etc - I dig it. I also pay the $2 / month for Sirius Traffic which integrates perfectly with it.

I have an iPhone and if I had Apple CarPlay I would agree it’s a waste of money. As it is, the system works great, seems intuitive to me, and I prefer to not be fumbling for my phone while driving.

I laugh every time they want me to "upgrade" to the NAV system in the Jeep or Challenger. What is this, 2005? The NAV system in my 2012 Challenger was so horrible, I never used it. Our phones are way better than the crappy systems in the cars, now.

·
Premium Member
2,351 Posts
I’ll be the odd man out here. Ha ha.

The 8.4AN Nav system in my 2015 R/T is ridiculously good and I bit the bullet and paid the $150 or whatever it was to update the maps on it this year. I had several new major roads in my area that were missing that are now represented. It integrates with the Yelp app, etc - I dig it. I also pay the $2 / month for Sirius Traffic which integrates perfectly with it.

I have an iPhone and if I had Apple CarPlay I would agree it’s a waste of money. As it is, the system works great, seems intuitive to me, and I prefer to not be fumbling for my phone while driving.
You aren't the only one that payed the piper for updates. I love my NAV system too. I'm going to look into that Sirius Traffic. I have a 2016, and hope it's available.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,602 Posts
- See attached image -
:smiley35::smiley35::smiley35:

The biggest crutch on my car is that Uconnect system. I dont see how they can even try and charge for a map update in a day and age when google maps and waze are so much better, faster and more accurate. Granted, I get offended that they try and charge for text to speech on a system that they no longer provide updates for. It's stuff like this that really makes me consider buying another vehicle from them again.

And also the fact that I paid almost 50k for a car that I cant even pay to upgrade the outdated Uconnect system on?.. that's another rant for another day. :wink3:

FYI this is a friendly rant folks.. i promise i wont go run my car off of a bridge or anything. :wink3::smile:
Welcome to capitalism.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I have a constantly updated NAV system...and it doesn't really cost me anything. It's a dock for my Nexus 6 and Google Navigation. Always up to date and no charge for that either. I can put the phone where I can see it without having to look down too.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I'd MAYBE pay this kind of money if they included some UI improvements to the whole infotainment software. Pretty cheap cash grab IMO for just the NAV.

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts
I think my daughter says it's FREE on her GMC Terrain.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,128 Posts
I hear the Nav update returns sport mode >:)

A Guy

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,602 Posts

A Guy
Yeah, I heard it enables android auto on 2015s and bumps up HP by 10% while improving fuel mileage. I even heard the USB dongle it is stored on has medicinal properties that correct ED. :banana:

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Yeah, I heard it enables android auto on 2015s and bumps up HP by 10% while improving fuel mileage. I even heard the USB dongle it is stored on has medicinal properties that correct ED. :banana:
Ha ha.....He said dongle....

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
15,441 Posts
I'm skipping that update - there aren't any new roads that went up around in my region.

If I need some place or service and the Nav maps don't have it, I'll use my phone to look it up for that rare instance.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Blame this all on Garmin, I know they are the ones who provide the Nav for these systems. They've been outdated for years but still somehow have stuck around. I've updated some of earlier Garmin systems in the past and the updates never live up to the costs. New businesses come and go all the time and it seems these updates are outdated even before they are released.

·
Premium Member
564 Posts

A Guy
Then sign me up for the map update I want my sport mode back. I have been :deadhorse: tying to get the Uconnect people to give me the bug patch that they sent out to the 2015 R/T M6 owners they won't take my word that my 2016 Scat Pack M6 has the some sport mode bug they had.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts