Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
I love the mopars but Ive had almost all the flavors minus exotics and a few others. I feel like iam more a car enthusiast than stuck to a specific brand current 2012 srt 6 speed ( seen alot of mods never done ;) ) and a 2016 m3

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT 392
203 Posts
2012 Jeep grand Cherokee overland, sweet ride until it got sank in a lake
Surely, there is a story hear that we all need to hear?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
Mopar only.
In the past
74 Plymouth Satellite.
70 Roadrunner 440+6 4 speed
76 Fury police package
73 Challenger 340
Omni GLH Turbo
Shelby Charger Turbo
Shelby GLHS Charger
2006 Charger R/T
Now my 2015 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker.
And 2 Jeeps for winter driving.
Along with many less interesting Mopars in the past.

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
1,991 Posts
Mopar only.
In the past
74 Plymouth Satellite.
70 Roadrunner 440+6 4 speed
76 Fury police package
73 Challenger 340
Omni GLH Turbo
Shelby Charger Turbo
Shelby GLHS Charger
2006 Charger R/T
Now my 2015 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker.
And 2 Jeeps for winter driving.
Along with many less interesting Mopars in the past.
Wow, very similar to mine from the 1980s on, another thing to add MOPAR wise is engines I have had
2.2 Carb (2)
2.2 Turbo EFI (5)
2.4 EFI
2.4 Turbo
2.5 AMC EFI (my Jeep)
3.3 V6
3.5 V6 (2)
3.7 V6 (son's jeep)
225 Slant Six (390 cfm 4bbl, dual headers)
3.8 V6 (2)
4.0 straight 6 (daughter's Jeep)
5.7 HEMI (3)
6.4 HEMI

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Nope. No brand loyalty at all anymore. I do own a Ram Truck that I drive when the weather won't allow me to drive my preferred choice of a car. But with a Tesla daily driver for my wife, her little 2 seat T-Bird, old Corvette and older still Camaro. We're all over the map.

Brand Loyal is long gone from my earliest years driving when I was all GM, all he time.

I buy what I like and need in a daily driver and keep for the long haul the cars we come to love.

Today that last thought includes no Chrysler products at all. I like my '17 Ram it get all the jobs I need it to do done.

I also like my TA. It's a cool Retro throw back to that old 340 TA I really liked when it was actually seen out on the streets but ultimately neither the newer Challenger or the Ram are "keepers" for the long haul in the way the old Vette and Camaro are for me and the T-Bird is for my wife.

·
Registered
2018 Pitch Black SXT
2,007 Posts
Used to be all GM back in the day but not any more. Hard to keep any brand loyalty anymore in my opinion.Love my Challenger but also own a Chevy Silverado Z78 and the wife drives a '14 Mustang convertible. Can't complain about any one of them. All fun to drive and reliable.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Used to be all GM back in the day but not any more. Hard to keep any brand loyalty anymore in my opinion.Love my Challenger but also own a Chevy Silverado Z78 and the wife drives a '14 Mustang convertible. Can't complain about any one of them. All fun to drive and reliable.
There you go!! Fact is BRAND LOYAL isn't as easy as it once was.

When I started driving in the late 1970s and bough my first cars in the years that followed it was easier to say, "I'm a ____ guy"

You had just 3 major American Manufacturers and crap load of VWs on the road. Honda, Toyota and Datsun were starting to show up but all offerings were economy cars that weren't really the kind of cars that inspired the excitement or desire to be Brand Loyal to them yet.

Flash forward to today........ If I were silly enough to actually limit my choices to any ONE manufacturer I'd be immediately crossing off the potential purchase list 9 out of 10 cars or trucks available to day, if not more than 9 out of 10.

It's a dizzying choice of so very many brands. A few German, a few American, a couple of Korean and of course at least a few Japanese choices. Then there is the English Jaguars, even the Italian cars, then just in time to turn everything on it's head with Tesla already here and soon a great many more EV makers ........choices will be even diverse than it already is today.

All in all.......this HIGHLY competetive auto market makes brand loyalty a pretty tough choice in my opinion.

·
Registered
519 Posts
1992 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1995 Dodge Avenger
( a Chevy, a Audi, a VW then)
2012 Challenger
2017 Pacifica (wife’s car)

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Plus - Billet Clearcoat
436 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
There you go!! Fact is BRAND LOYAL isn't as easy as it once was.

When I started driving in the late 1970s and bough my first cars in the years that followed it was easier to say, "I'm a ____ guy"

You had just 3 major American Manufacturers and crap load of VWs on the road. Honda, Toyota and Datsun were starting to show up but all offerings were economy cars that weren't really the kind of cars that inspired the excitement or desire to be Brand Loyal to them yet.

Flash forward to today........ If I were silly enough to actually limit my choices to any ONE manufacturer I'd be immediately crossing off the potential purchase list 9 out of 10 cars or trucks available to day, if not more than 9 out of 10.

It's a dizzying choice of so very many brands. A few German, a few American, a couple of Korean and of course at least a few Japanese choices. Then there is the English Jaguars, even the Italian cars, then just in time to turn everything on it's head with Tesla already here and soon a great many more EV makers ........choices will be even diverse than it already is today.

All in all.......this HIGHLY competetive auto market makes brand loyalty a pretty tough choice in my opinion.
Well some brands I wouldn't want. For instance, Range Rovers are junk. Wouldn't own one. VW/Audi.....if you get one of those you need to get an extended warranty because you gonna need it.
Never been a fan of BMW either. Another unreliable brand you need an very extended warranty on.

Yes competitive market indeed and too many to choose from to be loyal to one brand imo but you can weed out the unreliable ones.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Well some brands I wouldn't want. For instance, Range Rovers are junk. Wouldn't own one. VW/Audi.....if you get one of those you need to get an extended warranty because you gonna need it.
Never been a fan of BMW either. Another unreliable brand you need an very extended warranty on.

Yes competitive market indeed and too many to choose from to be loyal to one brand imo but you can weed out the unreliable ones.
I hear you and for the most part agree with you concerning a lack pf reliability in some brands. Funny thing about that though.

Range Rovers: Consistently in the bottom tier for problems and reliability issues. Yet people who own and tell you this about dreadful reliability issues are also crazy in the tank for the brand.

Sounds crazy to me too.........but for what-ever reason it doesn't seem to "ding" the sales of the brand.

God knows if anyone were to ignore advice to stay away......I'd at least tell 'em, "make sure you inquire about and make your best deal on an extended warranty or at least plan to get out of the car before the factory warranty expires!"

·
Premium Member
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
1,326 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Pitch Black SXT
2,007 Posts
I hear you and for the most part agree with you concerning a lack pf reliability in some brands. Funny thing about that though.

Range Rovers: Consistently in the bottom tier for problems and reliability issues. Yet people who own and tell you this about dreadful reliability issues are also crazy in the tank for the brand.

Sounds crazy to me too.........but for what-ever reason it doesn't seem to "ding" the sales of the brand.

God knows if anyone were to ignore advice to stay away......I'd at least tell 'em, "make sure you inquire about and make your best deal on an extended warranty or at least plan to get out of the car before the factory warranty expires!"
Here is the plate on one of my friends "ex" Range Rover. It had so many super expensive repairs he couldn't get rid of it fast enough.

CAM01576-1-1.jpg

·
Registered
436 Posts
Reactions: GSBrockman

·
Premium Member
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
1,326 Posts
Reactions: Rayzaa and vpzyck
21 - 40 of 41 Posts