Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Yours will be a black 09 SRT also won't it?
I am getting a Hemi Orange 09 SRT.

About how much are you paying if you dont mind me asking?
I believe I was quoted $275 for tint on the Challenger. Though there's the minor problem of actually needing to get my Challenger first ;) Then I need to decide on tint level...

·
Banned
1,540 Posts
Here in conservative ol' Louisiana, i'm going with 40% sides, 20% rear window, no windshield. Will make it easier to see out when the sun goes down especially.

Jack

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Are you planning on tinting your Challenger? If so, what percentage are you going with? Are you remaining within the legal limits of your resident state?

Check out Welcome to TintLaws.com for the tint laws of your state.

For me (Michigan)

• Windshield :: Non-reflective tint is allowed on the top 4 inches of the windshield.
• Front Side Windows :: Any darkness can be applied 4" inches from the top of the window.
• Back Side Windows :: Any darkness can be used.
• Rear Window :: Any darkness can be used.

Being a 2-door, this basically means i can only tint my rear window aside from the top 4" of my side windows if I want to remain within legal tint. Stupid michigan...

Despite that, I think I may consider 30% tint all around (minus windshield) and just hope the officers in my area are lenient about it. What are you guys planning on doing? I would especially appreciate input from fellow Michiganders! :stickpoke:

You crack me up Venthos....."Stupid Michigan".....Hello by the way, I am in Lansing and I say tint it up.....I have seen plenty of rides with really dark tint. Worst they can do is give you a fix-it ticket to have it removed. Although....you remember when you used to get pulled over for crap hanging off the rearview mirror? They are a bit uptight round here.....they need the money, so maybe you might want to ignore my first thought. hehehe:bigthumb:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Limo ( 5%) tint all around. I live in Louisiana but will have out of state plates. That will get me around the tint laws here. :)

·
Registered
297 Posts
They really need to have a national tint agreement law, the difference from state to state is goofy. California has a nasty habbit of giving AZ cars tickets for tint just before the border on the way back into Arizona-----after you spent your money at Disneyland! Himmmm!

Police from California cannot enforce a state law on people from out of state (AZ).

·
Registered
695 Posts
Tinted my challenger about a month ago, I did 30% all around except windshield. Kind've regret not getting 20 but w/e. And no, its not legal in NY. I only have crappy cell phone pics for now but here it is:

·
Registered
352 Posts
I'm thinking 30 or 35. I drive 24/7 with windows down unless its raining, so for me its mostly to keep the UV out while it's parked in the sun.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I did 27% all around except windshield, IMO too dark for the driver and passenger window for california, its very obvious and the car is already a cop magnet. With the dark interior it makes it look even darker. I would go around 34% upfront if I had to do it again. The benefit is people cant see in too well when they're checking out your ride, but at night its a bit difficult to see outside. I put a rearview camera with monitor on rearview mirror to help me see better, especially backing up at night. The dark tint makes my DWB chally looking meaner though, just gotta keep an eye out for the po po

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I now have 35% tint.Got it for my Birthday and Anniversary from my Husband in September.Hubby had this planned for awhile.So that was cool. :)

·
Registered
770 Posts
I believe my carr is 20% on all the windows. During the day, it's just fine. At night, its no bueno. No problems with Colorado LEO to date.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Dealer already has the instructions for mine - 20% all around (only 30% is legal in IN, but I see and have had much darker for years and have never heard of anyone having a problem with it)

·
Registered
994 Posts
Probably 20-25...have to find out what's legal...

·
Registered
175 Posts
35% Sides & rear per TN law. Tint & clear bra installed in the first week.

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
Deepwater, long time no see. I'm planning 20% but looking at your car shaner, and this one (trying to) not being a daily driver I may go 5. I want to have the tails/sidemarkers done at the same time too, so I think that would really add to the look. Its gonna look awesome with purple too.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Illinois's tint law is changing soon. One line item in the bill had to be changed before the governor would sign it so I think it should be done within the next month. Currently we can't have tint on the driver and passenger windows but the new law will allow 35% tint.

21 - 40 of 73 Posts