Dodge Challenger Forum banner

61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Plus - Billet Clearcoat
179 Posts
Intint all my cars and trucks. First thing I do. I live in Vegas so its a must. Did the wife's car w/ 15% ....it's too dark for me so the Challenger is lighter. Think it's 30%. Never been pulled over for window tint being too dark in any state.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm not 100% sure but I think 20% is within the legal amount for NYC. Probably will go with that or less, I don't need it too be too dark at night. However, there are several other modifications I would like to get as well. Like actual exhaust tips.. and front sway bar.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,757 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) Legal in NY? 70%

But don't let that stop you, you've seen how dark other cars are

A Guy

·
Registered
6 Posts
At 70%, I might as well leave it as is.. I kinda feel sad on the inside now. Maybe I'll be able to get away with something in the 40% range.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,757 Posts
I see people here with 35% all the time, and it's 70% here too. I did 45% sides and 18% back on mine. Didn't want to chance it since everything else is tinted too :)

A Guy

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Love the look, but not for me.....I never cared for the claustrophobic feeling tint gives me

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,757 Posts
Mine is 45% sides, no claustrophobia...even at night I have great vision. You'd think the 18% on the back would be real dark, but my vision out the back seems the same, almost unnoticeable. At night likely tones down the glaring lights some, a bonus. If you don't get darker than say 35%, I think you'd still be happy

A Guy

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Mine is 45% sides, no claustrophobia...even at night I have great vision. You'd think the 18% on the back would be real dark, but my vision out the back seems the same, almost unnoticeable. At night likely tones down the glaring lights some, a bonus. If you don't get darker than say 35%, I think you'd still be happy

A Guy
Yeah I hear ya, my phobia comes from 5% on the sides, way back in the day..it feels like side blinders on a horse

61 - 73 of 73 Posts