Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey so I have long tubes on my 19 392. Apparently my car is now giving me a system lean code because of a leak. Mine and my tuners guess is that the beveled clamps I have on my long tubes are letting a small leak get through. We ran the car with our device and it’s not running lean but it’s definitely having an issue with a leak. Any of you guys with long tubes know what clamps worked out? V band clamps with flanges?

Bought my headers used so I’m guessing they gave me wrong type of 3 inch clamps #BuyNewNotUsed

·
Registered
2015 RT Shaker (STP/A8/FORGED/NAPPA/NO SUNROOF)
438 Posts
I would talk with ARH and get the correct size clamps.

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
Hey so I have long tubes on my 19 392. Apparently my car is now giving me a system lean code because of a leak. Mine and my tuners guess is that the beveled clamps I have on my long tubes are letting a small leak get through. We ran the car with our device and it’s not running lean but it’s definitely having an issue with a leak. Any of you guys with long tubes know what clamps worked out? V band clamps with flanges?

Bought my headers used so I’m guessing they gave me wrong type of 3 inch clamps #BuyNewNotUsed
The ARH headers come with the ball and socket connection to the mid-pipe. If the leak at the head isn't the issue you can check the midpipe connection. You should hear kind of a wispy sound right at that joint if it's leaking. If it is leaking you probably just need to tighten that up. If you're not familiar with those the trick is to keep the bolts on each side even as you tighten them. You can end up with more pressure to one side of the joint. Also you can overtighten those and bend the clamp. You have to get it good and tight but not crank it down as hard you can.

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
433 Posts
If you wanna crawl under the car, just start it and feel your hands around the connection and you will feel air blowing out. For it to give you a lean code it must be a decent sized leak. Is it lean at the front or rear o2s?

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,898 Posts
Soapy water and cold start-up will really show if you have leaks. You can also inspect the joint for soot marks which is a good indication of a leaky spot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts