Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm taking my challenger in to do it's 20,000 miles scheduled maintenance soon and I was just wondering if someone could give me a rough estimate of how much it's going to cost me. Also, is it possible to take it in a little earlier than reaching 20,000 miles, or would it be better to wait until then? I'm at about 18,500 but need to change the oil already so wanted to kill two birds with one stone.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I'm taking my challenger in to do it's 20,000 miles scheduled maintenance soon and I was just wondering if someone could give me a rough estimate of how much it's going to cost me. Also, is it possible to take it in a little earlier than reaching 20,000 miles, or would it be better to wait until then? I'm at about 18,500 but need to change the oil already so wanted to kill two birds with one stone.

What year is your car?
There really isnt any 20k mile services on these cars...according to the dealer recommended sheet for maintenance schedule, there really isnt much to do beside the air filter, checking fluids , and changing the oil until 40k miles. You might consider doing the diff fluid or something but other than that, you should just get the oil change done. Estimated cost $25, at the dealer maybe $80

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What year is your car?
There really isnt any 20k mile services on these cars...according to the dealer recommended sheet for maintenance schedule, there really isnt much to do beside the air filter, checking fluids , and changing the oil until 40k miles. You might consider doing the diff fluid or something but other than that, you should just get the oil change done. Estimated cost $25, at the dealer maybe $80
My car is a 2016 R/T Shaker. I was going based on the owners manual, as the first scheduled maintenance on there is at 20k.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
My car is a 2016 R/T Shaker. I was going based on the owners manual, as the first scheduled maintenance on there is at 20k.

Look into it further. When you go to the dealer, request they print out the detailed maintenance schedule. Its usually a systematic checking of bushings, fluids, replace if need be.

I know because i was very paranoid buying my first american car but even the service advisers said there really isnt anything major

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Look into it further. When you go to the dealer, request they print out the detailed maintenance schedule. Its usually a systematic checking of bushings, fluids, replace if need be.

I know because i was very paranoid buying my first american car but even the service advisers said there really isnt anything major
I'll do same research and see what I find. Thanks for the advice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts