Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says, I recently had Arrington performance install a 426 in my 2015 R/T. I picked up the car on Thursday and drove it back to Richmond with no issues. Friday, I went out to lunch and it threw a check engine light. I was told that it would probably throw a code and to clear it out with my Diablo handheld tuner. I plugged it in and saw that it was an emissions code and cleared it out. When I attempted to restart the car to see if it was cleared, the car half cranked and then went crazy. It threw all kinds of error messages and codes. The shift lights all flashed, warning messages displayed on the screen, and numerous other codes popped up. Now when you try and start it, it makes a sound like the solenoid on the starter engages but nothing else. It doesn't even try and crank over. I've attached error code pictures. I realize the obvious... I need to get with Arrington and see what I need to do but the car is dead in the water at my work and I'd like a few things to try before Monday. Thanks in advance for the help.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,678 Posts
Start with the basics, are you sure the battery didn’t take a dump?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Checked that and even went above and beyond and bought a brand new battery last night. Still the same issue...

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
I would start with looking for a short. One code I would say a sensor. That many something went haywire
I would get with Arrington specially since they have been bought and are moving to Michigan and will no longer be there soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: HDCowboy

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Did you have headers or no cats on this?

·
Premium Member
9,678 Posts
This is why I don’t like modern muscle cars, too many
things you need an electronics wizard to figure out.
Hope to hear you solved it soon.

Reactions: silver scat

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Check your pcm connections make sure they are all tight
Check all your sensor plugs. All it takes is one connection loose or not hooked up to throw everything out of wack
Look for the crank sensor cam sensor. Knock sensors on the bottom of the block both sides. And ground connections on both sides at the back of the heads on each head

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
If it don’t crank I would first start at the starter wires and make sure it is all good and tight. They may have left it loose on accident ?

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
I got a feeling it is that stupid intune. I had one and it was a mess. It lost my stock file and I had to have a whole new stock file loaded from diablo before my tuning could start

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I agree. Everything was running and working the way it was suppose to until I cleared that code. The motor had no issues up to that point. I have the InTune i2.

·
Premium Member
677 Posts
I agree. Everything was running and working the way it was suppose to until I cleared that code. The motor had no issues up to that point. I have the InTune i2.
Have you tried reloading the tune? I had mine get messed up when I went in and made a "quick change" to one of the parameters, had to reverse that change, then load the stock tune then reload my custom tune and everything was back to normal. Freaked me out! My car still started and ran, just like crap... and warning lights were going nuts.

·
Premium Member
9,678 Posts
That’s a great suggestion and hopefully that’s the answer he needed.

Reactions: silver scat

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thought of this as well. This was actually the last thing I tried. Attempted to load the custom tune that Arrington had in the InTune. Nothing. I even brought the InTune home and updated it thinking that it would make a difference. It actually made things worse. Now the InTune won't get past "please wait" while you're trying to read trouble codes or reload a tune. Apparently, this is a big issue that a lot of people have with these InTune's. I've also posted my problem over on the Diablo forums. I'm completely out of options until tomorrow when I can contact someone. Again, I appreciate everyone's suggestions. Hopefully, I can find a resolution soon and share the knowledge.

·
Registered
236 Posts
As far as the inTune not functioning, go on the DiabloSport forums. Apparently there is a file you have to drag and drop into the InTune to get it to run. I'm having the same issue while trying to do a data log. Haven't done it personally, no time, but my understanding is that will clear the "Please wait" issue you're having.

Try that, and then re-installing the tune. See what happens and let us know!

·
Premium Member
677 Posts
That stinks that you couldn't reload your tune. I hope you can this sorted out quickly when Arrington's shop is open tomorrow. Keep us posted and good luck, hate this for you.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Firehead, yeah I saw people discussing this. I've just gotta find the right file and load it. Hoping to try this later tonight.

·
Registered
236 Posts
They have it posted on the DiabloSport forum, you just need to create an account/login to see the attachment and download it.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts