Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you have a magnusen 8lb kit from arringtons on your R/T? Did you use a trinity or thier black box to load the tune?

Are you happy with the tune, is the drivability as good as they say? Any issues or just good reviews would be greatly appriciated.

Im about to put a kit on my 14 that I bought with out a tuner and although it is new I am not the original customer so I need to purchase a tune seperate. Based on what they claim they might be the best bet for this particular application.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I have an 8lb Magnuson on my 2012 R/T from Arrington (black box). No issues running the 8lbs...it's the Arrington part I have an issue with. I hardly drive my car any more because the tune is not right. I have been asking and asking for support from Arrington, with VERY LITTLE response. I picked up my car over 2 months ago (after it broke down on the way home) and still cannot get help from them.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats a real downer being that they went ahead and posted your car and combo on their site and then dont support your buisness with them.

Could you share your problem??

·
Registered
504 Posts
Well I have the Arrington kit and went with a custom tune. After a few revisions it is spot on and I'm happy with it.

1,931 Posts
I have an 8lb Magnuson on my 2012 R/T from Arrington (black box). No issues running the 8lbs...it's the Arrington part I have an issue with. I hardly drive my car any more because the tune is not right. I have been asking and asking for support from Arrington, with VERY LITTLE response. I picked up my car over 2 months ago (after it broke down on the way home) and still cannot get help from them.

Good Luck!
Contact AJ (Hemituner) and your issues will be addressed....

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
i have a 8lb tune from arrington on my car and it is a MESS.. and they have washed there hands of it and will not help.. place is a JOKE.

i would suggest looking around at another tuner.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Why not just ditch the black box buy a Diablosport product and have Johan custom tune it his customer service is top notch to not have a phone number and just use email his responses back are usually with in the hour.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Why not just ditch the black box buy a Diablosport product and have Johan custom tune it his customer service is top notch to not have a phone number and just use email his responses back are usually with in the hour.
Will a Diablosport tuner be able to write a fresh tune on top of the "black box" tune from Arrington? I'm having similar problems with my Arrington tune, but I can't get my InTune to work properly.

Thanks.

Matt

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
to my knowledge if you have the BLACK BOX you are stuck.. it would be a TOTAL fresh tune from scratch.. i believe the tune on the black box is LOCK and can't be viewed by any other tuner and i know you can't right a tune over the tune. the issue is ( and forgive me i don't totally know the black box. ) but you have to be able to have the stock file for a tuner to work with.. if you can't take the car back to stock via the black box you are in trouble

·
Premium Member
11,797 Posts
to my knowledge if you have the BLACK BOX you are stuck.. it would be a TOTAL fresh tune from scratch.. i believe the tune on the black box is LOCK and can't be viewed by any other tuner.
This is correct. The Black box can only be read and changed by Arrington. With the trinity or inTune you will need to start fresh on a new CMR tune.

·
Registered
139 Posts
This is correct. The Black box can only be read and changed by Arrington. With the trinity or inTune you will need to start fresh on a new CMR tune.
So if I'm able to find someone with access to another tuning program - let's say SCT - they could build me a new custom tune from scratch and write over the black box tune from Arrington?

·
Premium Member
11,797 Posts
So if I'm able to find someone with access to another tuning program - let's say SCT - they could build me a new custom tune from scratch and write over the black box tune from Arrington?
If you find someone with SCT - you will need the SCT Handheld or Someone with CMR Software you will need the Trinity or inTune.

the Black Box can only be written over by Arrington

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
or you pull the pcm send it to say diablo.. they flast the pcm.. ( which i think you would have to do anyway ) and then they ( whom ever you have for a tuner ) build a tune off the STOCK file. either way it is gonna be well over 500 bucks to do this.

it is a complete mess. i feel for ya.
fortunately i never did the black box. i have a trinity.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well between this post and the fact that I e-mailed and called Arringtons early in the week and still have not heard from them I know not to use them.

I used Johan on my 12, he did a good gob. I was just looking for something a little more dialed in to avoid the back and forth dataloging and tune revisions.

I contacted Johan and got a response in @3 minutes. Guess I know who Im going with.

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
ya johan is really good on service.

it is really to bad.. arrington makes great products.. but that is it.

you will be happy with johan.

·
Premium Member
09 RT Challenger auto
3,467 Posts
Well between this post and the fact that I e-mailed and called Arringtons early in the week and still have not heard from them I know not to use them.

I used Johan on my 12, he did a good gob. I was just looking for something a little more dialed in to avoid the back and forth dataloging and tune revisions.

I contacted Johan and got a response in @3 minutes. Guess I know who Im going with.

Myself, I have had good luck with Johan. Fast service. No Issues.
Did we leave 20hp on the table. Maybe, Is my tune been safe. Sure has been.
FlatTop

·
Registered
10 Posts
Will a Diablosport tuner be able to write a fresh tune on top of the "black box" tune from Arrington? I'm having similar problems with my Arrington tune, but I can't get my InTune to work properly.

Thanks.

Matt
You can have your PCM Flashed back to Stock CAL at a Dealer or any shop that has a J2534 Flasher and access to Tech Authority.

My suggestion would be to contact AJ ([email protected]) and see if he can get your tune straightened out. Work with AJ directly and if your patient then you won't disappointed in the finished results.

·
Registered
267 Posts
My suggestion would be to contact AJ ([email protected]) and see if he can get your tune straightened out. Work with AJ directly and if your patient then you won't disappointed in the finished results.[/QUOTE said:
Be patient? Lets see; Is paying a company $10,000 to work on your car, having it break down on the drive home, not driving it for 10 weeks while they will not return phone calls/emails/ or text messages...does this qualify?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts