Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Banned
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For those that are interested and for those that doubted it would happen, I dropped my car off at Arrington yesterday. I was welcomed by Don, given the facility tour, met the staff that will be working on my car, and met the man in charge of the entire operation. Arrington is a class act facility and I'm very confident they will do their best to meet my "wish list" for my build. My 2600 mile round trip journey in 3 days was well with it. Listed below is the scheduled build. We will start by using my current SMS Supercharger. The Arrington guys are quite confident that they will be able to get me a 10 second car with the current blower. They are going to do everything possible (pully manufacturing, etc.) to get the car into 9 second car using the SMS blower. Given the fact that these guys were involved with this particular blower from the start, if it's possible, they will make it happen. I have not ruled out changing out the SMS for a KB 3.6 Supercharger. Arrington has agreed to take photos of the build and video the dyno's so that I can upload to youtube.

426 FI Long Block
TRIPLE FUEL HAT SYSTEM
FPW-87-100 FORE PRECISION 3 HAT PUMP
3.00 WAL-GSS340 WALBORO 255 LPH FUEL PUMP
1.00 FPW-0085-200 FORE PRECISION WORKS F2 FUEL
REGULATOR - STAINLESS STEEL WITH DUAL -8 O-RING PRESSURE ANDRETURNPORT
RHR-518-000 REDHORSE RACING -8 BLACK BRAIDED FUELLINE
RHR-516-000 REDHORSE RACING -6 BRAIDED FUELLINE
SHR-21001 SOUTHERN HOTROD LX, LC NAG1-HTCR (722.6) TRANSMISSION
DSS-RA7283X5 1400 HP AXLES
DSS-CHSH5 SRT8 CM DRIVESHAFT
BTC-20010-0004 BILLET TECHNOLOGY CATCH CAN 6.1L
SATIN - FENDER MOUNT BRACKET -
BLACK BRAIDED LINE WITH SATIN FITTINGS
16.00 BRI-RR12S BRISK 3 STEP SPARK PLUGS
PTC-NAG1TC-3200 PROTORQUE COVERTER
AFCO MOPAR CHALLENGER DRAG PAK
8 POINT ROLL CAGE - FLAT BLK
FRONT AND REAR STRUT BRACES
DRIVE SHAFT LOOP
4 POINT HALON SYSTEM INSTALLED
MASTER CUT OFF
TRANSMISSION SHIELD
Custom Drag Race Tune
Custom Street Tune

·
Registered
72 Posts
We are going to build Todd a monster! The limitations on the build will be the blower, but we will put our heads together to do our best. With the SMS 10`s are a cake walk, and if we do upgrade blowers in the future........fucc, this will be one of the fastest Challengers in the nation!

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,918 Posts
Todd congrats and way to make the round trip. you should have a great ride when it's done :)

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
Quite a chunk a change getting dropped here. I loved the Arrington 392 in my 300c. Good luck with mods. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
We are going to build Todd a monster! The limitations on the build will be the blower, but we will put our heads together to do our best. With the SMS 10`s are a cake walk, and if we do upgrade blowers in the future........fucc, this will be one of the fastest Challengers in the nation!
Don, good to see another Big Daug being built, just sell the SMS now .

Poolman
Orlando will set the stage for some really fast cars this year, be prepared for mid 9's to keep up with the pace and a deep wallet , fast is never fast enough.LOL
Tout

·
Registered
72 Posts
Don, good to see another Big Daug being built, just sell the SMS now .

Poolman
Orlando will set the stage for some really fast cars this year, be prepared for mid 9's to keep up with the pace and a deep wallet , fast is never fast enough.LOL
Tout
Selling the SMS will be Poolman`s decision. If he does decide to sell the SMS and go with a KB he is going to have sum stupid fast power. The SMS will make 10 sec power all day long on the 426 , but more boost is a no brainer

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
Todd; I believe you chose the right place to have all that work done. Arrington did my ininial build and they did a fantastic job they took a good car and made it a great car ( but not as good as yours is going to be ) when you were at ARrington I am sure you saw my Challenger which Arrington is making some preformance improvments on. Eric and the guys are just good people tell it like it is and do exactly what they say they will do. I can't wait to see pictures and progress reports. No doubt you will have one awsome car. To me it sounds like you have all the bases covered and 9's are not out of the question

·
Registered
72 Posts
Todd; I believe you chose the right place to have all that work done. Arrington did my ininial build and they did a fantastic job they took a good car and made it a great car ( but not as good as yours is going to be ) when you were at ARrington I am sure you saw my Challenger which Arrington is making some preformance improvments on. Eric and the guys are just good people tell it like it is and do exactly what they say they will do. I can't wait to see pictures and progress reports. No doubt you will have one awsome car. To me it sounds like you have all the bases covered and 9's are not out of the question
Thanks for the kind words :thumbsup:

·
Banned
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you for the support. Which Challenger was your's? There were a few sitting inside when we were there.

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
Thank you for the support. Which Challenger was your's? There were a few sitting inside when we were there.
Richard was one of the guys that originally went to Arrington with Sam and I. We all met up there and had a ball.

Richard wanted MO POWAH so he sent his car back to Arrington for the independent Maggie nose drive for a bit more boost and some other goodies. Heck of a guy. His car is an orange R/T with a shaker.

·
Banned
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I made a presentation via email to Don at Arrington with respect to possibly making a move to the KB 3.6LC supercharger. Don if you are here.....I have not heard back from you. HaHa

I've also sent an email to my contact person at SMS to see if they have an updated version that they are working on. One that would not invlove the purchase of a complete new model.

·
Banned
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Speedy...I did let the guys at Arrington know that you were one of the CT member's that felt they were one of the best facilities out there. I was not looking for a smaller shop. Anyone that ever tours the Arrington facility would leave there with a sense of pride knowing that their car will be well taken care of. Thank you for your recommendation.

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
Arrington is quite impressive. Since it sounds like you're gonna get pretty serious I'd seriously consider a KB blower while you're having the build done. Either a 2.8LC or 3.6 will make plenty of power.

If you want to go nuts then 3.6 it has to be, but it's better to make the decision right now as your build starts to avoid delays.

Realize the 3.6 will require work on the hood for it to fit. I believe a notch for the pulley to clear is required, but nothing Arrington couldn't handle.

Let us know how you go.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts