Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if anyone is running an Arrington CAI and how they like it? Any advice on it is welcomed too. Thanks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't think they have any other color filter but i think you can get a cover for it I heard.

·
Registered
302 Posts
My opinion on any CAI that pulls air from the engine bay is worthless.

Higher IAT temps = slower launches etc.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Arrington has a nice design. They locate the IAT sensor away from the engine block and radiator fans which will reduce sensor heatsoak. To maximize the potential out of the new intake, you'll need to tune for WOT with a wideband.

The key to underhood intakes is to create separation between the radiator fan air and the air entering the filter so you don't suck in the 4-5 seconds of underhood, heated air. The temperature of plastic/metal near filter will affect the true temperature of air entering the filter. Also the material around the IAT sensor will affect the reading as it will absorb heat as well.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I don't think they have any other color filter but i think you can get a cover for it I heard.
I haven't found the cover (or at least a specific one for the Arlington), but I did find out that the filter can be dyed a different color, or be left out completely for a $20 discount. Not sure which was I'll go, but either way I'm going with the Arrington CAI. I'll probably order it tommorrow once they open.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah i was thinking about getting it soon myself. I was going to go through shophemi.com where did u order yours from?

·
Banned
903 Posts
My issue with most so called cold air intakes is they pull more heated air from under the hood than a stock air box does and I just don't see the benefit in them for the money invested and the Arrington doesn't look like it would be any different. It looks kewl though.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have it & love it. Don't have any #s for you, but definitely felt & sounded better even before changing the tune.

Since I have the 3G Customz covers, I had to 3M tape the mount to the coolant tank cover. I eventually am going to make a custom bracket & plan to isolate it from the engine bay.

Here are a couple crappy cell phone pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
407 Posts
I have it & love it. Don't have any #s for you, but definitely felt & sounded better even before changing the tune.

Since I have the 3G Customz covers, I had to 3M tape the mount to the coolant tank cover. I eventually am going to make a custom bracket & plan to isolate it from the engine bay.

Here are a couple crappy cell phone pics.
Man...the more and more I see a clean engine bay, the more I'm lovin it. I think that's the look I'm going to end up going with under there. :guiness:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts