Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at the Arrington 90 mm Throttle Body and I understand they produce a cast aluminum body and a CNC billet aluminum version. I think it’s a safe assumption that CNC billet is far greater than cast aluminum in quality. However, does that quality necessarily transfer over in terms of performance? The CNC billet version is nearly double the cost of the cast aluminum.

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Don't know what other mods you pack, but if you're going for the looks the billet is probably a little cleaner on the exterior as well as the throat. But the performance on an NA engine will likely be the same. The folks there should be able to filll you in. Good luck.

·
Registered
534 Posts
If you're looking for the billet look without having to spent double you can just grind/sand the casting marks down and polish it. I've done this numerous times on factory valve covers, etc. For performance I can't imagine it'd make much difference.

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
Performance will be no different between the two, it really is just looks/finish etc. Also what other mods do you plan? I would not necessarily go to a 90 unless you have a ported intake etc. If you are staying mostly stock the 85mm will be a great upgrade. The Arrington units are great and we sell alot of them. but just to confuse you further...BBK also now has a cast 85 and 90mm for alittle less dough...
Speedlogix | SpeedlogixStore.com

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Waste of money without any other mods

·
Banned
1,655 Posts
As long as ya got some suporting mods other then just the T/B then you might see benifits but not just a T/B.
Atleast I didnt.

Till I added 10psi of boost.lol

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
with an 85 .. do you still need to port the intake

·
Registered
123 Posts
As long as ya got some suporting mods other then just the T/B then you might see benifits but not just a T/B.
Atleast I didnt.

Till I added 10psi of boost.lol
What kind of gains did you get at 10psi? I am at 10psi with the stock TB and I am thinking of getting a 90mm if it is worth it.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Does anyone know how a BBK throttle body stacks up to an Arrington in terms of quality and performance ...or are they equally matched?

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Both a waste of money w/o supporting mods.

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
..........?
Both are great, the BBK is a bit less expensive, but great quality...they made the TB on the 392 Mopar Crate Motors a few years back, so that should speak volumes. For the money I would go BBK...shameless plug...we have them in stock :)

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Both are great, the BBK is a bit less expensive, but great quality...they made the TB on the 392 Mopar Crate Motors a few years back, so that should speak volumes. For the money I would go BBK...shameless plug...we have them in stock :)
Thank you. Not to hijack my own thread but I have been meaning to thank everyone at CT. The wealth of the information of our members is simply mind-boggling. I think it’s fair to say you folks cannot be stumped with any issue or problem. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
Furious Fuchsia 2010 Challenger R/T Classic A5
430 Posts
Can someone explain to me what exactly is done in "porting the intake" and who I should be looking for to do it? Is it a modification of the actual engine that would void the warranty? Will my dealership service shop easily be able to tell? Thank you for any helpful and informative replies.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts