Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a positive review for Arrington's:

I was referred to Arrington's by Magnuson for specific questions about putting together a kit for my lightly modded 5.7 M6.

I reached Alex at Arrington's and he was able to absolutely answer every question I had, and had a friendly demeanor as well. It was possibly one of the most informative and pleasant conversations I have about which supercharger type I should go with and why.

When the funds become available I'll be getting a maggie 8# setup, up-gradable to 13 down the road.
Arrington's will put together a kit that will delete the tuner (so I can use my HP tuner) and include the injectors, rails, fuel hat, etc for a really reasonable price.

I decided to go with the maggie for the low end torque.
I'm not doing 1/4 mile passes anymore, but I like to get the big girl moving from a stop.

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,218 Posts
I've only bought a few things from them but have found them helpful and decent to deal with when I have. If I was doing a build there's only a handful of companies at this time that I'd consider and they would be on that list.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,846 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had them install a Whipple on my R/T a year ago and they were good to work with.
what made you decide to go with Whipple?

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Good to hear. Wish they were closer to my location :) BTW, your post on the "Z" won't let me reply for some reason. Not sure if everyone is getting the same message.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did some research before I decided to go with Whipple. I like their reputation and the design. It's a twin-screw blower, which is the same design used on the Hellcat.
The magnuson is also twin screw, i was just curious if you found a technical difference other than the fuel pump.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good to hear. Wish they were closer to my location :) BTW, your post on the "Z" won't let me reply for some reason. Not sure if everyone is getting the same message.
When I looked it said "(You have insufficient privileges to reply here.)".

·
Registered
2015 SRT
178 Posts
I purchase my whipple and tune from Arrington this year. I would say my experience has been neutral. Not a bad experience but not impressive. Still working on the tune, the turn around time per revision is much longer than originally described when I purchased. I would consider buying parts from them again, but likely won't consider going through them for a tune again as they definitely put email tuning at a lower priority than the cars at the shop. Also not very responsive to technical questions, I've actually had better luck on the forums and Facebook groups for getting answers. That said, I'm getting what they promised for what I paid for. Just has been taking longer is all. The tune quality is quite good and so far have not had any problems with any of the parts they have provided.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
The magnuson is also twin screw, i was just curious if you found a technical difference other than the fuel pump.
The Magnuson is a roots-style blower, not a twin-screw. This is from their website (describing the TVS2300):

"Generating 6 psi of boost, the Magnuson TVS2300 Hybrid Roots Style Supercharger delivers power gains of approximately 120 horsepower and 120 foot-pounds of torque at the rear wheels!"

Nothing wrong with a Magnuson, by the way, it just wasn't what I wanted.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The Magnuson is a roots-style blower, not a twin-screw. This is from their website (describing the TVS2300):

"Generating 6 psi of boost, the Magnuson TVS2300 Hybrid Roots Style Supercharger delivers power gains of approximately 120 horsepower and 120 foot-pounds of torque at the rear wheels!"

Very interesting, I was under the impression both were twin screw.
After reading this perhaps I should look at a Whipple as well.
The maggie Arrington was pricing me out would do 8 or 12, depending on pulley size.
Thanks for the information sir

http://kennebell.net/KBWebsite/Common/pdfs/twinscrew-vs-roots-fromcatalog.pdf

·
Premium Member
338 Posts

Very interesting, I was under the impression both were twin screw.
After reading this perhaps I should look at a Whipple as well.
The maggie Arrington was pricing me out would do 8 or 12, depending on pulley size.
Thanks for the information sir

http://kennebell.net/KBWebsite/Common/pdfs/twinscrew-vs-roots-fromcatalog.pdf
No problem. Twin screws tend to run cooler and generate a more immediate "hit" when you punch it. Plus, I figured that the Dodge engineers know more than I do and they used a twin-screw in the Hellcat, like I'd mentioned. Whipples are more expensive, however, so keep that in mind.

Still, you can't really go wrong with either one.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts