Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short, took my R/T to the dealer to have my newly installed back up camera programmed into my radio so it would operate. Some how it affected the tune in my PCM and the car was dead. I tried to reinstall the tune, but that somehow affected my trinity,now it was also dead. Contacted Arringtons since I bought my supercharger and Trinity from them, and it was the tune from them.
They had me ship them my PCM and Trinity. They retuned my PCM and replaced my Trinity at no charge. Do not know what happened or why, but with me being 2000 miles from them I was only down 3 days.
I would like to thank Wyatt and everyone there for the fast turn around and taking care of a problem that had nothing to do with anything they did, but they took care of it anyways. Thank You.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The dealer flashed your pcm and you lost your tune. Just be aware next time you take your car in.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
That does not appear to be what happened. I installed the stock tune before the service. Then when I went to reinstall the custom tune, it would not let me reinstall it into the car, it stated that the trinity did not recognize the vin. So then I went back and reinstalled the custom map into the trinity to make sure it was good, then when I hooked the trinity to the car, the trinity went into some sort of demo mode and would do nothing except ask for year and make/model.
I have done this before and never had a problem until this time, I never left the vehicle while at the dealer so I could see what they did. Just dont know what happened other than the car was dead and the tuner would not do anything. Wyatt said they could not get the tuner to work either and they replaced it and installed the tune into the pcm there.

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
That does not appear to be what happened. I installed the stock tune before the service. Then when I went to reinstall the custom tune, it would not let me reinstall it into the car, it stated that the trinity did not recognize the vin. So then I went back and reinstalled the custom map into the trinity to make sure it was good, then when I hooked the trinity to the car, the trinity went into some sort of demo mode and would do nothing except ask for year and make/model.

I have done this before and never had a problem until this time, I never left the vehicle while at the dealer so I could see what they did. Just dont know what happened other than the car was dead and the tuner would not do anything. Wyatt said they could not get the tuner to work either and they replaced it and installed the tune into the pcm there.

Oh I see. Glad Arrington steeped up.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts