Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
stewprime said:
Here are my attempts...my Photoshop skils are limited at best, but I had to see what it would look like in black.

http://members.cox.net/08challenger/index.htm
Very nice job, but the blue is 'off' by a few shades...here's a 1970's color chart to give you a better idea of the colors many of us are hoping that DCX will make available for the new generation 'Challenger'...keep-up the nice work. ;)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Thanks for the color chart... hopefully the photochoppers can put these to good use. One thing thats missing from the color swatch is plum crazy and I've noticed most if not all photoshopped pictures of the car with a claimed plum crazy color get it wrong. The purple color used in most of these pictures is in fact In-Violet. Plum Crazy isn't so much purple as a purplish mauve metallic, a light purple not a deep purple. I'd love to see a higher fidelity plum crazy but my photoshop skillz are nil.

PS: stew the car is awesome in black... my preference has been slowly shifting from plum crazy to black and now I'm seriously wondering.

·
Registered
28 Posts
:) Yeah baby! Those are nice.

One configuration I would love to see is either the black or the Plum Crazy with white stripes instead of the usual black stripes on the hood.

Want to take a shot at it?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Mr. DJ: Thanks for the color chart. I did all those by eye as I didn't want to eyedropper any of the existing photos of the old Challengers, ie. different lighting levels, lack of hue from older photos, etc.

Blah2008: I'll see what I can do...dunno how it'll come out.

Now I can have some fun ;)

T
0 Posts
Sr4tuner said:
if only you new how many of the same chops are done over and over on this site^stewprime
Yea, and so many with the color shades wrong, guess mine are as close as a color blind man can get em. I have to keep asking my wife, is this color correct?

Back on topic,

Good repaints, I like them.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Great work. Thanks, Stew.

I especially like the NAIAS repaints;
the metallic/pearl really comes through,
giving us new-century variants of high-impact colors,
like "Banana Pearl Clearcoat Metallic". WOW!

How about some more NAIAS repaints?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I would really like to see silver or pearl white
repaints from the Auto Show Pics;

the previous repaints [from the press release pics]
come out looking flat grey.
[is that the 'F-18 Hornet Edition'? ;) ]

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
She's absolutely gorgeous! I want her...now!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I might be able to pull off the silver. The white would be hard as it would blend in with the shine of the clearcoat/reflections/etc. and would come out looking to close to a flat white, like I used a paintbrush...but we'll see what happens.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
bad2cudagirl said:
You have the best little smiley faces!!!!
I have my sources.

·
Registered
141 Posts
stewprime said:
I might be able to pull off the silver. The white would be hard as it would blend in with the shine of the clearcoat/reflections/etc. and would come out looking to close to a flat white, like I used a paintbrush...but we'll see what happens.
How about a purple, I don't care which one.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts