Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Artwork - Phantasm Cuda made from challenger

6K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  Apro4x4 
#1 ·

just messing around with the new chally...my scoops mught be a bit large ;)

See less See more
#9 · (Edited)
Re: Phantasm Cuda made from challenger

Excellent work. Love that grille. I'm sure someone will make one after the car hits the streets.....provided it stays true to form. Interesting read I received from my dealer's service department today. Was a 7 page article from allpar about the Challenger. Talks of some minor production tweaks, etc. But if it stays true then the front-end applications will shortly follow.;)

www.allpar.com/cars/dodge/challenger.html

#10 · (Edited)

rodkil1 said:
Thats awsome! I love the color. I hope there is an aftermarket kit to convert the Challenger to a 'Cuda
Oh please god NO.

Do you really want to hack up a challenger to turn it into a 'cuda?

If you want to turn it into a 'cuda it will involve replacing sh|tloads of sheetmetal, and unless you get trevor f**kn creed himself to design you these new panels, it will probibly look crap.

Remember... on the old e-bodies, not one of the body panels was inter-changeable.

#12 ·

The first thing you would need to do it straighten the bodyline, which at the very least, would require replacing both quarters.
And because you have done this, the taillights will look odd, so you will have to either make the panel larger or shift it downwards.
If you do shift it downwards your trunk lid will look ugly, so it will need to be tapered off, which will give the quarters an odd curve and make the deck lid look oddly sloped and much too short.

More pics to come

#15 ·

Andrew said:
The first thing you would need to do it straighten the bodyline, which at the very least, would require replacing both quarters.
And because you have done this, the taillights will look odd, so you will have to either make the panel larger or shift it downwards.
If you do shift it downwards your trunk lid will look ugly, so it will need to be tapered off, which will give the quarters an odd curve and make the deck lid look oddly sloped and much too short.

More pics to come
I guess you haven't seen this then
http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104
I've got this all figured out already :)
In the world of customizing it's actually a minor deal

#19 ·
I thinks he doth have tooo much timeth on his handeth! Duh! sort of like re-inventing the wheel. Any who all stuff to the side; to my knowledge chrysler does not produce a plymouth barracuda let alone a (plymouth) period! I believe the guys name "Canepa" in Santa Cruz, California who could freak a challenger to a cuda for quite a large fee. Alas; the guy does excellent work and you would be as happy as tick on a dog. Will it dent your wallet? Yes. The artist will get cudos for an attempt at a "cuda".:)

#20 ·
I have been innundated with advanced circuit analysis II in school and have not been allocated a lot of time. A few days ago some gentleman made mention of the fast and furious rice burners that would beat me in the quarter if I had a 500 hp hemi. His reasoning was they chop it down to two thousand pounds or less. Having a little time to respond I beg to differ; if you are not experienced and you get next to someone who is, good luck. You will need it. Mopar men (us baby boomers) we know how most of these kids think and if you snooze you lose. 10/4?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.