Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just to let you know we fitted the new lifters in my 392 today and new Manley push rods. All went well- no ticking!!!!! It's very quiet- most impressed.

Thanks to all of you who helped me and advised me. You know who you are!! Thanks to Manley, Mahle, High Horsepower, Arrington and you guys on E-Bay getting my parts on time. Now I can run her in and fit the supercharger.

Thanks, all.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They are all standard length but much stronger, (Manley) we think that when we striped down the engine to fit Forged piston and rods
it was left for some time and the oil might of bleed out completely the new lifters where soaked in very warm 0-40w oil and left in for 3-4 days then assembled as per fitting it went quite smoothly

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Yes BeeBad at 62 still can`t spell !!! thank you for your correction have nice week ahead
Congratulations Tony on being 62 and building a Bad-Ass Challenger! :thumbsup:

Reactions: tony in uk

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
2,986 Posts
You can pass everything over there but a gas, err, petrol station...

That car should attract a lot of attention, mostly the good kind, but I have to believe you'll get pulled over more often just because, well just because of the car you are driving.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes it sure does draw attention, cos its different its cool piece of pure American muscle and I love it !!! It makes the German stuff so bland and boring! I am proud to drive my Challenger cos it represents YOUR good engineering skills that no other country can offer well done I`m proud to fly your flag!

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
2nd post I have seen about high quality, aftermarket pushrods taking care of excessive valve train noise.

There may be something to this.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts