Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my old man and i went to the Chicago auto show today. It was a fun time and Dodge had a humongous section this year!

The only thing that disappointed me was the Green With Envy Challenger. There was so much hype about this vehicle being produced and i feel that Dodge bunked it. In my opinion, the color is neither eye catching or beautiful. Dodge should have gone back to its roots and bring back the Sublime plaint. I think Chevrolet's synergy green is a lot prettier and grabs everyone attention. I am so happy i did not wait and picked up my HO R/T.

However, i was extremely impressed with the new 2011 Charger/2012 SRT Charger and the new Dodge Durango R/T. Both interior and exterior stylings were very well conceptualized. My old man needs to make a decision now on which one he wants to purchase. Personally i want him to pick the Charger so we both could have muscle cars, but i definitely would not mind the Durango either. Bravo Dodge, you definitely have improved your vehicle line up!

·
Registered
683 Posts
See the thread with the video of the GWE car in action. It looks good. The chevy paint is more cartoon like - it grabs your attention, but that's about it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yeah, the show was NOT very impressive. No IEs or Drag Pak cars, No racing stuff at all and only two Challengers. The IEs are going to the Geniva auto show... They did have several Fiats,... :browsmiley: whatever...
Anyway, F**D had three Boss 302s and one is up on a stage strapped to a dynojet dyno and they run it up to 7500rpm on the hour!

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
However, i was extremely impressed with the new 2011 Charger/2012 SRT Charger and the new Dodge Durango R/T. Both interior and exterior stylings were very well conceptualized.
I don't know about the Charger, but I definitely agree on the Durango.

They are so awesome we traded in our Ram 2500 for one this weekend. Got the Citadel, top of the line, every possible option you can get on it. I love the Durango *almost* as much as I love my car. :p

Oh, and I also agree on the GWE Challenger. The paint is ick.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
So my old man and i went to the Chicago auto show today. It was a fun time and Dodge had a humongous section this year!

The only thing that disappointed me was the Green With Envy Challenger. There was so much hype about this vehicle being produced and i feel that Dodge bunked it. In my opinion, the color is neither eye catching or beautiful. Dodge should have gone back to its roots and bring back the Sublime plaint. I think Chevrolet's synergy green is a lot prettier and grabs everyone attention. I am so happy i did not wait and picked up my HO R/T.

However, i was extremely impressed with the new 2011 Charger/2012 SRT Charger and the new Dodge Durango R/T. Both interior and exterior stylings were very well conceptualized. My old man needs to make a decision now on which one he wants to purchase. Personally i want him to pick the Charger so we both could have muscle cars, but i definitely would not mind the Durango either. Bravo Dodge, you definitely have improved your vehicle line up!
Funny how different people have different opinions. :)

I was at the show on Friday and disagree with everything you said. LOL!

I LOVED the GWE on the RT Classic they had there and can barely stand the wait for my SRT8 to arrive in the same color! I absolutely love the metal flake in the car and much prefer this over a Sublime treatment. I also saw the Synergy Green Camaro that was there and I still prefer the GWE. The Camaro just looks to cartoony for my liking.

I will add that the Blackberry paint is very sweet too. They had a 300 and a 200 there with it on and it was very cool! A very dark blue with overtones of purple as you walked around the car. If the SRT came with that color, I might have considered it.

I am not really impressed by the new Charger design frankly. I wasn't when I saw it online and still feel the same after seeing it in person. Too ricey for my tastes. The Charger Police Cruiser they had was kinda cool tho!

I did see them dyno the 302 Mustang and that was pretty cool! Too bad Dodge didn't do something similar. Would have been sweet to see dueling dynos!! Hahaha.

JFF:D

·
Registered
329 Posts
I agree justforfun. I think the GWE is a couple of notches up from sublime. Looks modernized. That's why I have a SRT GWE ordered!

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I will add that the Blackberry paint is very sweet too. They had a 300 and a 200 there with it on and it was very cool! A very dark blue with overtones of purple as you walked around the car.
That blackberry color is very strange. They had a Durango in that color I would have sworn was black, until we parked the black Durango right next to it. Even then it looked close, maybe a shade or 2 lighter than brilliant black.

On a typical Oregon overcast day, there was really no blue or purple to be seen in the middle of the day, so I'm guessing it needs direct light/sunlight to get the full effect of the paint.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Odd that this RT Classic still has the Challenger badge on the front grille.
And yet no Hemi badges on the hood and no HIDs which come standard on the 2011 Classics. :scratchhead:

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
The show was decent although there have been much better ones in the past. After sitting in all three muscle cars, I am still leaning towards the Challenger for its great looks and functionality. Green with Envy is striking in person, but I would never buy it. The Mustang was also nice, but the base leather is complete junk, and I do not like the rear end. The Camaro's rear visibility is horrible, and I don't like the front end. Oh choices, choices...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Definitely prefer the older Classic style rims on the 2010's. Are they not offering B5 blue for 2011? If not what a shame!! I kinda like the green. Very period correct for that type of retro muscle car.

I think dodge/chrysler have done a tremendous job of revamping there line up. I quit buying Chrysler exactly for this reason as the interiors and parts were very cheap looking and were inferior to other brands. I might be buying a new on this year. Will see!

·
Registered
161 Posts
I was at the show on Friday, not too bad. I was disappointed at the absence of the 392 Challenger. I too prefer the old lime paint compared with the new. The new is OK but not nostalgic. The Jeep adventure ride was a high spot for Chrysler and the Black Ops Jeep was cool. I like the SRT Charger but the grey color didn't scream performance. The little black plastic in the dip of the hood was loose and sitting at an odd angle.
As for the other brands, Ford's dyno was cool but the crowd didn't really react to it when I was there. The array of Mustangs were impressive. The custom Camaros were nice, I liked the Lingenfelter one the best, again more nostalgic. The Camaro looks better as a convertible than a hard top. The pace car one was my favorite. They had a Chevy Volt ride that was unremarkable but that may be the cars strong suit. The Caddy exhibit was impressive also. The carpet in the Buick area was amazing under foot, I'd like to get some for the house. There were many nice cars at the show and that's why I was there. I was there three years ago and it was about the same, so I wasn't disappointed.
We took AMTRAK up there and it was OK but on the way back, our train had mechanical problems for an hour before we got on it. Then we were in rush hour commuter train traffic for an hour. So, we were two hours behind schedule when we got home.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
Show was OK there today Camaro had a massive seperate display from Chevy with a lot of Customs, they also had head to head 1969 and 2011 Pace Cars both in convertible trim. Ford had a full blown display of the Butstang 302 and at least 5 other trim levels including a Shelby Cobra. WTF happend to the 392 SRT... yes the Charger was good but one would figure the 392 on center stage the Charger was not even featured it was on a sideways stage. Dont get it...

·
Registered
460 Posts
Odd that this RT Classic still has the Challenger badge on the front grille.

Also, nice shot of the wheels! I love them!
Dodge was real hit or miss with the Challenger grill badge with the R/T Classics. My 2010 PCP came with it, but I have since removed it in exchange for a script emblem to match the fenders.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts