Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed one? Any suggestions on oem pulley removal and ATI installation?

·
Banned
804 Posts
You need a 3 jaw puller to remove the stock pulley....you can pick them up at the local parts store pretty cheap....I use a 7/16 bolt and heavy washer that I slide into the crank snout to push against.....as far as install , without the tool the method I pm'd you works incredibly well.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I installed an ATI dampner with my ProCharger. I used the puller and install tool recommended in the service manual:

Miller Special Tools Part#:

Puller: 1023
Puller Insert: 8513A
Install Tool: 8512A

It was a PIA to ensure all three jaws gripped the inner part of the dampner evenly as they kept slipping off due to uneven pressure. But once I was able to get things lined up, it came right off.

For the install, I put silicone (Permatex) in the ATI dampner keyway so oil wouldn't seep through the keyway once installed. Not sure if this was needed or not, but better to be safe than sorry. I also used a little anti-seize around the outside of the hub to ensure smooth passage as it slips pass the front oil seal.

Finally, don't re-use the crank dampner bolt, get a new one.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Has anyone know which belt (length or part #) to use with an ati super damper 5% overdrive

·
Registered
266 Posts
All,

Are these available for the 5.7 Eagle VVT engine now? Waht kind of HP does it free up or any acceleration improvements? I'm NA btw.

Thanks,
Marion

1 - 8 of 8 Posts