Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gang, Where do I attach the ipod cable to in my 2010 R/T? It has the cable in the glovebox but I can't see where it goes to play tunes from my ipod thru the sound system. I even checked out the manual (dvd) and to no avail? Thx

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
The console by your right elbow, front part close to you. It's in your owners manual and maybe not that DVD. I think it's in the 100 tips and tricks too.

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
Tip:64_
IPOD Integration cable goes where?

Q: The owner's manual says plug it in the center console but I do not see any outlet. Where is it?
A: The cable does go in to the center console, open the center console look in the front of it just beneath the coin holders and
to the driver's side you should see a receptacle it will be under a plastic cover. One will be a round cover to protect the 12V
Power Port and on the same forward bulkhead will be a rectangular cover toward the driver side for the UCI port.

Q: I don't see any other plug in my console other than the 12V Power Port plug?
A: You must have the UCI option (part of the Electronic Options Pkg) to have this port option feature. You will also be provided
16-pin interface connector cable to attach the iPOD unit as part of this option.

NOTE: 2009 Challenger Owner's Manual

UNDERSTANDING YOUR INSTRUMENT PANEL pg 218

UNIVERSAL CONSUMER INTERFACE (UCI) — IF EQUIPPED

NOTE: This section is for sales code RES and REQ/REL/RET radios only with uconnect_. For sales code RER, REN and REZ
touch-screen radio UCI feature, refer to the separate RER, REN or REZ User’s Manual. UCI is available only if equipped as an
option with these radios. This feature allows you to plug an iPod_ into the vehicle’s sound system through a 16–pin connector
using the provided interface cable.

UCI supports Mini, 4G, Photo, Nano, 5G iPod_ and iPhone_ devices. Some iPod_ software versions may not fully support
the UCI features. Please visit Apple’s website for software updates.

NOTE:
• If the radio has a USB port, connecting an iPod_ to this port does not play the media. For playing an iPod_, use the separate
16–pin connector port located in the center console.

• Connecting an iPod_ to the AUX port located in the radio faceplate, plays media, but does not use the UCI feature to control the connected device.

Connecting The iPod_
Use the optional connection cable to connect an iPod_ to the vehicle’s 16–pin connector port located on the center console.
Once the iPod_ is connected and synchronized to the vehicle’s UCI system (iPod_ may take a few seconds to connect), the iPod_ starts
charging and is ready for use by pressing radio switches, as described below.

NOTE:
• You may have to remove the connector pin protection cap from the 16–pin connector port, prior to connecting the cable.

• If the iPod_ battery is completely discharged, it may not communicate with the UCI system until a minimum charge is attained.
Leaving the iPod_ connected to the UCI system may charge it to the required level.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Mine said it came with it also, but there was nothing there. After going round and round with the salesmen and the parts guys, I had to have the U-connect installed, and even then, they neglected to tell me there was an additional cable that had to be purchased to hookup into the module to connect the I-Pod to the radio. My module was located behind the glove box on the right kick panel.

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
Good point but He said he got the cable and anybody else I heard of that the cable was in the glove box had thae connector in the console.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I have an mp3 player (it's not an I-pod) with a 3.5mm jack that looks like a speaker plug which goes into the AUX receptor on the center console. I don't have the electronics package, but most consoles have that receptor.

You can buy one on Amazon, though your I-pod may have the jack already.

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
If it's a mygig radio I think they all have those 3.5 plugs on the front you can just plug in also but I think he wants to plug the cable he found in the glove box in and it sounds just like the one I had in mine and that's why I was giving this info, hopefully he'll come back on and let us know.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
All the radios have the 3.5 on the front of the stereo. I dont have the mygig and I have it. But I do have the Elec conv for the ipod/bluetooth.

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
Ok I didn't know you could have those options without mygigs. I know my sons Mygig has a UCONNECT button on it but the car doesn't have it in it. I would think that should be illegal but I guess not. You have to be carefull what your buying. I paid way to much for my car but it has everything I ask for and more.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, gang! My search is over... And Thanks itzrick. It is in the center console right beneath the quarters coin holder. It is virtually impossible to see since there is no light in the console. When I shined a flashlight in there I could see the cover marked "ipod", but at that angle, it's very hard to see. You need a flashlight. The cord fits like a champ but tricky to remove since you gotta get your fingers in there and there's barely any room for your hand. Appreciate the insight, all. Once thing's for sure. The music sounds much better plugged into an ipod input than a standard aux.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the hook up in my car, but when ever i try to browse my music on the ipod i hae to go artist by artist the A-Z (jump to) option is greyed out. have i set my system up incorrectly?

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
Mine doesn't do that but I've heard of that and people were talking about the software ver. of their Mygig and the way the info was put on the ipod. I don't know if they ever got it to work. Hopefully someone will chime in that followed that through

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
I didn't see anyone get back to you so I tried to find what I was telling you about. This doesn't cover what your talking about exactly but it might get you on the right track if you read the whole thing.

Search Results

1. Saving Music to hard drive - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger ...

Jan 8, 2011 ... The music saves just fine to the Hard Drive. When I put in the CD, ... Gracenote updates can't possibly keep up with new music, best to rip ...
    www.challengertalk.com/forums/.../saving-music-hard-drive-50135/ - Cached

1 - 14 of 14 Posts