Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've gone back and forth about what feels and looks the best. Adjusting the handle all the way to the left ensures better shifts in that it slides into second much easier. The problem however is that my elbow his the right side of my seat when I shift. I prefer to have my elbow free when I shift.

However if I put it too far to the right (as far as it will go) I find that I have reach a bit more to shift and that second is more of hard pull to the left to get it in the gate.

What are your experiences, opinions, preference, I'd love to know!

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
I put mine half way between straight up and all the way to the left (does that makes sense?), and it seem fine to me. Don't feel any need to change it.

BTW, I still totally love this mod. Every M6 should have this shifter, it is just so fine.

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I put mine half way between straight up and all the way to the left (does that makes sense?), and it seem fine to me. Don't feel any need to change it.

BTW, I still totally love this mod. Every M6 should have this shifter, it is just so fine.
Yeah that's kind of where I have that now. Let me ask you though, when you put all the bolts back on is the actual shifter handle INLINE with the top of the shifter block? Mine is a tad to the left. If you could tell me where your handle is on the top in conjuction with the top of the shifter block that would give me a better idea. I'm planning on moving it more to the right because my elbow still hits the seat.

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
What I meant by "straight up" is straight up from (parallel to) the shaft going down into the shifter. Or another way of saying it, "straight up" is the center of the adjustment arc. I put it half way between the center position and all the way to the left.

OK, now I'm confused LOL.

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
i am running the MOPAR SHIFTER ( ball shifter ) i run mine right in the middle..

chris

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What I meant by "straight up" is straight up from (parallel to) the shaft going down into the shifter. Or another way of saying it, "straight up" is the center of the adjustment arc. I put it half way between the center position and all the way to the left.

OK, now I'm confused LOL.

Okay I messed up, I'm sorry lol. What I MEANT was do the two plates that attach to the front and back of the shifter block line up exactly with the curve on the top of the shifter block itself. I hope that makes more sense! With I had a socket wrench with a 13" socket so I could go out to the parking lot now and adjust it. I feel a few ticks over to the right will help so my elbow doesn't hit the side lumber support on the seats.

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
if i understand you right jay the only time they would MATCH THE CURVE is if you had the shifter in the middle and lined them up with your fingers.. otherwise when you move the handle side to side it will be off the base curviture.. if i understand you correctly?

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
slight bias to the left - but not nearly all the way left

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
Okay I messed up, I'm sorry lol. What I MEANT was do the two plates that attach to the front and back of the shifter block line up exactly with the curve on the top of the shifter block itself. I hope that makes more sense! With I had a socket wrench with a 13" socket so I could go out to the parking lot now and adjust it. I feel a few ticks over to the right will help so my elbow doesn't hit the side lumber support on the seats.
OR, I can't remember, and not willing to pull it apart and check. I'm going to see if I have a picture of it...

...found it. This is how it was set-up and remains to this day.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Dead center, like the stock position

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dead center, like the stock position
Wow! So I tinkered with it a bit and I'd have to say my favorite position is as far RIGHT as it will go. Really centers the shifter nicely and my elbow does not hit the lumber side of my seats. Very natural positive and I have long arms which helps.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I think mine is set just like danners. Never played with it much.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've got short arms - so I found that with it setup all the way to the left, it helps the ergonomics of the car. I feel that I'm not having to reach as far when compared to the oem shifter.

I thought it was pretty cool that Barton engineered this feature into their design.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts