Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
762 Posts
It does mention doing 1/4 mile runs, only the Bracket racing was 1/8. Mopar Day doesn't say.

·
Premium Member
762 Posts

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
You home now, Val?

BTW I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the weekend weather.
Today is home day Jim. I'm stopping at the WPC Museum in Auburn Hills on the way for a tour and then staying for a bit of their cruise night, then I should be home about 11 pm. I've never been and it was one of the few posts in my road trip of must see places.

·
Premium Member
762 Posts
haha, just realized the drag strip is in a tiny little town called "Sparta"

Let the "This is Sparta!" jokes begin. LOL

That would be cool if they had some kind of funny T-Shirts for sale somewhere in Sparta. Have to check and see if they have a large dept store, a Wal Mart perhaps.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mopar day

Jim.

I have not confirmed with Denis yet but I would like to be there for 10 am when it opens. Earlier the better cus I want to make a lot of passes! Don't book a hotel eh!

I just sent you a pm.

Stevo

·
Premium Member
762 Posts
Jim.

I have not confirmed with Denis yet but I would like to be there for 10 am when it opens. Earlier the better cus I want to make a lot of passes! Don't book a hotel eh!

I just sent you a pm.

Stevo
Yeah 10 would be doable. If you pass by Kitchener on the 401 me and Val could join up with you and Denis. Or whatever works for you, at some point you cross our area.

·
Registered
408 Posts
As soon as this place opens or a little before is my target and I think Stevo is onboard with that.

Btw, I hate to be a party pooper but weather.ca says 60% POP on that day now :(

Hey, anyone been there before ? How busy is it for the mopar day ? I'd like to get many passes so I can start really slow when noone is watching. hahaha. I may not bring my DR if we only think we can do 3 or 4 passes.

·
Registered
408 Posts
There's still a chance. The predictions have been volatile lately.

Stevo, search "******* weather station" in google images. lol.

·
Banned
1,992 Posts
Forecast for St. Thomas says, as of 12:25 pm Thursday, 40% chance of a t-storm. Does one storm wash the whole day, or do they run again after it dries?

And it sucks because tomorrow is supposed to be 'chance of isolated showers' and then Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday nice. Saturday seems like the worst of the next 5 days. :(

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Forecast for St. Thomas says, as of 12:25 pm Thursday, 40% chance of a t-storm. Does one storm wash the whole day, or do they run again after it dries?

And it sucks because tomorrow is supposed to be 'chance of isolated showers' and then Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday nice. Saturday seems like the worst of the next 5 days. :(
I'll call there tomorrow and see what they do.

·
Premium Member
762 Posts
There's still a chance. The predictions have been volatile lately.
The prediction for today was chance of Thunderstorms all day and we got none at all here, just hazy and warm.

I think they're so used to predicting rain this spring they just say 'chance of rain' every day to cover their butts. And if they're wrong who is gonna complain?

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
IF it's not r*****g, we could all meet at Timmies at 401 and Homer Watson exit. It's an hour and 20 min from there so we'd need to meet at Timmies by 8:30 at the latest to get coffee, etc. and get on the road by 8:40.

2420 Homer Watson Blvd, Kitchener

Jim, have you googled the directions from your place to Sparta? It's probably closer for you to meet us there, but let me know if you want to meet us at the Timmies too. It's only about 15/20 minutes west on the 401 of where you turned off (to take 6) on your way home the other Sunday.

Does everyone want to come to my place for drinks and BBQ afterward or just stop somewhere to get a bite since New Hamburg's a bit out of the way? We could get dinner at this nice truck stop at 401/97.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts