Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I first got the car it was the start of winter, but still nice weather, But never really got much attention , A few thumbs up here and there, but not like what I was expecting from the stories on here. Well Be carful what you wish for. After I pulled her out at the break of spring, got her all zanio'd up. Im getting both good and bad attention. The good. Pretty girls (gf doesn't like it to much though) The bad, camaro, mustang , and police cruisers!!!

I got my first and second ticket in the challenger thursday. I was pulling up to a light, it went yellow. I was on my way to close on my first house running 5 min late, The building is way out in the country, were talking numbered roads so not much activity (usually) Down shifted to third and let the horsies scream. Well mr police guy wasnt so happy with that (hidden behind a farmers market sign). Two people behind me went through it as well, but he of course noticed the shiny loud sports car. Then on my way home on my right is an 03/04 cobra, and to my left is an 11 camaro SS vert. They must have known each other as boy were they ragging me, Im still pretty high on life from my first house purchase, so I figure "what could go wrong" Hold TC down, light turns green, we all dump our clutches and stay head to head until the cobra gains traction and takes off, Well guess who sees all this. You guessed it, THE SAME COP that just stopped me. were 10 miles down the road from where he first was. Well He was cool before and was cool again. He said "I already got you, just let your gf drive home and I will only get you for speeding, not wreckless". Anyway after that I have been driving the soccor mom mobile. I admit I was at fault for all of it. But it still sucks to go 6 months un touched and get nabbed twice in 2 hours

·
Registered
988 Posts
Not sure how old you are... but when I was young and dumb I got nailed twice in 1 week. So I ended up paying $2 a day for insurance from Arrow Ins... 1 step above SR22. That was in 1965 and I was only making about $100 a week with a wife and kid.

Now when I see that I hit the accelerator just a touch and when they take off I hit the brakes... I can't tell you the number of times I have driven pass them pulled over to side of the road with a cop sitting on their bumper. I just drive by with big sh$t eating grin and wave.

OBTW - I am 69 and can still row the boat with the best of them.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Im only 19, and yes im a bit of a trouble maker. MY girl keeps me level headed to be honest. But when it comes to cars, she eggs me on. Why she is perfect. But the first few months i owned the car I was super cautious. In the past month I had really gotten brave. Well that set me straight. Thankfully the red light doesn't count as points so im just going to send them 50 bucks for the traffic light and the 500 for the speeding ticket (he got me at 53 in a 45, but said that spinning the wheels normally makes it wreckless) I know im guilty, no fighting it might as well save the judge giving me the speech and everybody else in the court room thinking there goes some rich kid. But my record is spotless so this one bit wont hurt to much. Still 550 bucks wasted. But I beat the camaro so I win in the long run :D

·
Registered
637 Posts
I'm just back in my challenger after getting poped for
Going 120 not worth not driving the car for almost a year

·
Registered
25 Posts
it seems like once your on the cops "radar" they dont leave you alone. by the way ******* do you take your car to car shows? theres a car show this sat at pomoco if your interested

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it seems like once your on the cops "radar" they dont leave you alone. by the way ******* do you take your car to car shows? theres a car show this sat at pomoco if your interested
Its saturday night lol. I would love to get more in to it how ever. Im a member of TideWater mopar but the shows they go just never seem to fit with my schedule. Running a business makes my time never my own.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Zaino is a great way to attract attention!

I'm not a Zaino sponsor, just an avid user. Funny thing about the 120mph is that I-10 all the way from Texas to Carolina was the norm for travelers.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Zaino is a great way to attract attention!

I'm not a Zaino sponsor, just an avid user. Funny thing about the 120mph is that I-10 all the way from Texas to Carolina was the norm for travelers.
Yah that's a long strecth of road there, espically between El Paso and San Antonio. I heard recently that Texas will be upping the speed limit on some highways to 85, and all the other major highways to 75. That would be sweet! :guiness:

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
looks like its time to change your signature........lol :smokin:

Na I walked out of Fast 5 tonight with probably the biggest surge of adrenaline rush I have had in a long time. I dont think my rpm gauge went below 4k. BTW, Best movie ever. The new chargers and old srt8 chargers were sweet, but the challenger at the end just put it over the top. Since sadly his 70 got crushed. So he replaced it with what looks like a 10 srt8 challenger in carbon black.

and yes, we all three got tickets. Mustang for wreckless (he was at 70 mph) camaro and I got speeding. After the cops left I found out he had put a new pully system as well as a cam, heads, headers and tune on his cobra and was pushing 575 hp. The funniest thing is I swear 4 accidents almost happened by people slowing down to snap pics of us pulled over. I have a feeling we will be featured on an internet caption website here soon.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts