Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
8,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all 3.5L owners, I say "Congrats!" to you on this joyous occasion:

I am jealous of your good fortune at being inducted into the exclusive group of cars for which service manuals can now be purchased for less than the price of a common hooker (the street-walking kind, that is).

I know that, as a 3.6L owner, my day will also come sometime soon, but I've been waiting on it for 2 years now, so that day can't come quickly enough for me!

I do have a favor to ask of you though, please try not to flaunt your new Haynes/Chiltons manuals in front of us 3.6 folks too much.

We understand it's all in jest when you do, but all it takes is one idiot with a chainsaw and the family ties we've worked so hard to build between our groups could be torn asunder and ruined in very short order!
Nuke

Reactions: Locko and mpva141

·
Registered
624 Posts
Hahaha...Thx Nuke!!!! I have been waiting for this damn thing to come out...:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
8,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I check the rack of every auto parts store I go in, every time I go in one, hoping to see a Chilton or Haynes for my car, and it was just the other day when I saw this one in an O'Reilly Auto.

At first glance I didn't notice it only covered up to 2010, and I was ecstatic at my find! I wanted to do one of those Toyota leaps like in their old commercials.
But then I saw the years covered on it, and I ceased being happy pretty quick. And I will admit that in a moment of weakness, a VERY brief moment of weakness, I hated every 2010 Challenger owner out there. I wanted all your cars to be stolen at the same time!

But I'm feeling much better now. I'm back to my vigil of checking the shelves when I go in for tire shine or ethanol treatment. And I'll keep checking and checking, cause one of these days I know I'm gonna be rewarded!

·
Premium Member
8,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Reactions: mpva141

·
Registered
624 Posts
I have always used the haynes manuals on my other cars...you think the Chiltons is any better than the other? Just curious before I buy one

·
Premium Member
8,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have always used the haynes manuals on my other cars...you think the Chiltons is any better than the other? Just curious before I buy one
That depends on your definition of "better".

I haven't looked at either one of the manuals listed above (in any detail), but based on what I've seen in prior vehicles' versions of these manuals, I would say the Chilton is better if you are willing to break out the multimeter and really get down and dirty, in terms of troubleshooting problems. If not, the Haynes manual is probably the one you want to get.

But that's assuming you are limited to getting one or the other. In an ideal world (actually, in a less than ideal world especially), you would want to get both to cover all your bases.

Reactions: mpva141
1 - 7 of 7 Posts