Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a copy of the 2.4.1 firmware on their PC? It was released on 11.30.17 by Z Automotive

·
Registered
397 Posts
Why would you need that exact one? You really would want either 2.4.3 or 2.3 as the latest would simply have more bugs fixed then 2.4.1 but both would require the marry/unmarry routine. But if you are looking for something that exact version does that no other version does that is totally different.

Ron

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Why would you need that exact one? You really would want either 2.4.3 or 2.3 as the latest would simply have more bugs fixed then 2.4.1 but both would require the marry/unmarry routine. But if you are looking for something that exact version does that no other version does that is totally different.

Ron

I am trying to see something because I updated my TAZER that was never married to my car to the beta version. Now the Tazer isn't working saying it's married to another VIN. The Tazer has been in my car and a friend's car but never married. It was on 2.3.2 firmware that didn't have a marry option.

Needless to say I'm at a stalemate with Z Automotive.

·
Registered
676 Posts
You'll probably better off just sticking with that 2.3.2 without the marry option, that's what I reverted back to when I bought mine and found out it was married to another vehicle.

·
Registered
397 Posts
If you purchased your tazer second hand they may have been using 2.4.1, unmarried the car and then put 2.3.2 before selling it to you? Once married the vin is in that unit and moving from one firmware to another does not wipe the vin. I did see they have a wipe service or did at one time where they would remove the vin for some amount of money.

Ron

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
7,845 Posts
Yep that Vin is stored in there. This way the good folks over at Z automotive get a little cabbage every time one of their units changes hands or someone trades up.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah I just need to find someone who can connect to my Tazer and wipe the VIN for me. I'm not paying Z Automotive to use MY Tazer.

I did get it pre-owned and the previous owner said he never married it to his car. I'm thinking he did and never unmarried it.

·
Registered
7,845 Posts
Yeah I just need to find someone who can connect to my Tazer and wipe the VIN for me. I'm not paying Z Automotive to use MY Tazer.

I did get it pre-owned and the previous owner said he never married it to his car. I'm thinking he did and never unmarried it.
Didn't I send you a drop box with a bunch of different software versions including a "Base" version? None of that worked?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oh yes I'm back to 2.3.2 thanks to you but eventually I would like to use 2.4.X

Without a VIN wipe, 2.3.2 is the max I can go. I've got all the basics back expect performance pages. My damn radio keeps deleting the app. ?

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Yep that Vin is stored in there. This way the good folks over at Z automotive get a little cabbage every time one of their units changes hands or someone trades up.
Sounds like a load of horseshit. If Z-auto are being hardware-locking-via-software @%$!, I will never give Z-Auto a penny again, out of principle.

·
Registered
7,845 Posts
I am anxiously awaiting 2.4.4 to go live. I found a feature I think they could be able to add to their next firmware.
I saw a device for GM vehicles, you plug it into the OBD port and it disables MDS, I am hoping Z Automotive can program the TAZER to do the same thing since I can not find one for a MOPAR.

·
Registered
7,845 Posts
Sounds like a load of horseshit.
Understand and appreciate the fact that their firmware updates are free and they write and test it. Every time their devices change hands they lose incentive to keep firmware updates free. This way they still get a nominal amount to stay in business.
Look at Diablo, their tuners marry to the car and you pay for tunes.

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Understand and appreciate the fact that their firmware updates are free and they write and test it. Every time their devices change hands they lose incentive to keep firmware updates free. This way they still get a nominal amount to stay in business.
Look at Diablo, their tuners marry to the car and you pay for tunes.
Guess who I'm not giving money to either.

Incentive for putting out firmware should be selling more units and enticing current owners to not sell theirs. This business model is for scumbags who deserve to go broke.

·
Registered
7,845 Posts
Guess who I'm not giving money to either.

Incentive for putting out firmware should be selling more units and enticing current owners to not sell theirs. This business model is for scumbags who deserve to go broke.
So then under your business model, 1 person on this forum could buy one and then pass it around to every member on here that wants to change settings on their car. Although I am not a fan of unfettered capitalism, there has to be an incentive to develop all the zeros and ones that make digital things happen.
Damn it, I hate it when I, a devoted hippy, have to defend the damn system that keeps me chained to my desk for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, sucking the life out of me so I can have nice things! Things would be so much better in a commune.
Bad @praiseV8, Bad! (LOL)! No high octane or shiny chrome for you! :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts