Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Six months ago I posted my initial review here . Since then I have had a lot more time with the tires. I even used them will doing an HPDE road course track event with NASA.

Updated review
Dry Performance: 9
Wet Performance: 9
Handling: 7
Comfort and sound: 9
Value: 10
Durability: 10

Overall I have no regrets with these tires. They do everything so well. Dry traction is great. Once they are warmed up they stick really well. I occasionally do get some wheel hop but it's very rare. These tires drive dam near amazing in the rain. I can drive in sport mode in the rain and not be white knuckled like I would have been in the Goodyears.

I am knocking a point for handling. They are very predictable but dont have that direct feeling on hard cornering. They seem to have a bit of give which I dont really care for. One thing I have noticed is that these tires are slightly taller than they should be. A few months ago I realized my gps spedo was saying i was going faster than my car spedo (and they used to match). Being that these tires were originally made for performance SUV's I can only assume that is why they are taller?. I installed 275/40R20 on the stock rims and replaced 245/45R20's which should be exactly the same height.

I ran these at a HPDE at Road Atlanta and they did really good. It started raining and I was surprised at how well my tires were sticking. They truly acted as if there was no water on the track. The tires wore very evenly and I didnt have any trouble with the tread getting damaged.

I have also hit a curb, pothole and got a nail in on of them. I live in Atlanta and the city doesnt seem to realize that they have to actually keep up with the roads. Its ridiculous and is like a war zone in the city. With the stuff that I have hit the tires have not shown any damage. They protected my wheels and the tire with the nail never even leaked air.

Treadlife has been great. I believe i have something like 8/32" of tread on them and I am not an easy driver.

I cant speak highly enough about these tires. I would purchase them again in a heartbeat. I will be in absolute love if Atturo could make a tire for cars that had a little more of a direct feel when turning. That is the only critique that I can seem to come up with at this time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Super helpful info!
I've had my scat pack for about 4 weeks now and i'm looking to replace my tires.
I currently have the stock Good Year F1 and one of them recently went completely flat.
Replaced the old tire with a used
Nitto motive with the same specs as the good year
Looking to run 275/40/20 on the rear and rotate the good years to the front.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Super helpful info!
I've had my scat pack for about 4 weeks now and i'm looking to replace my tires.
I currently have the stock Good Year F1 and one of them recently went completely flat.
Replaced the old tire with a used
Nitto motive with the same specs as the good year
Looking to run 275/40/20 on the rear and rotate the good years to the front.
The Atturos are heaven compared to the Good Years. No more driving gingerly without sport mode enabled in the rain. Also it's really nice to be able to pull out and actually GO instead of spin.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
These are so cheap it is hard to not give them a try. I need new tires soon so...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Man they sold out on Amazon??

·
Registered
23 Posts
Man they sold out on Amazon??
Can find the az850 on Ebay. Simpletire.com, smperformanceparts, all about $125 tire shipped, sometime simpletire will run a sale. Fyi if you like the atturo 800 but it does have flames on side wall they are made by federal which you can get federal brand without flames.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
I purchased the AZ800 about 8 months ago and have about 9k miles and their holding strong! Thread looks like new and they are excellent in rain. I do notice some road noise but nothing to complain about. Based on the thread left after 9k miles, these tires will last well into the 30k range. For the price you can afford to play harder especially since it's my daily driver. I don't take my car to the track so I can't speak on higher performance situations but for the streets, it's a great deal!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts