Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 15' Scat Pack that had the stock Goodyears on it. They were the 245/45 R20's. I ordered the Atturo 850 and went with the 275/40 R20 on my stock rims. Below is a brief review of them:

Dry Performance: 9
Wet Performance: 9
Handling: 8
Comfort and sound: 9
Value: 10!

Let me start by saying these things STICK! :grin2: I always thought it was funny at first that I could easily smoke my Goodyears at lower speeds or from a stop. After a year or so it got old really quick. The Atturo's grip really well.. like 30MPH and stomp it without spinning well. I realize I have a slightly wider tire but I am very impressed with them. I now feel confident when pulling out in a tight spot that I wont sit and spin. The wet traction is also very impressive. I dont feel like I have to gingerly drive in eco mode as I can now drive in sport mode while it is raining. These tires also handle well but I do feel a slight numbness when in the corners. I account some of this to the fact that I am driving on tires with full tread and not bald Goodyears. I also want to mention my car not only feels more comfortable but also is quieter when cruising on the interstate.

I realize my initial review will most likely change over time. It is very hot and humid right now in Georgia. Time will tell how well they hold up with a stronger car and colder roads in the fall/winter. I am also hoping over time the tread wears well. At this point I could not be happier!

Attachments

·
Registered
798 Posts
Good review. I have had them on the rear since March (315/35-20 with 10.5" wheels) and am still very pleased with them. Granted they are not drag radials but do very well for themselves. Plus the price is very appealing!

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
I know it's not easy, but you should clean out the inside of your wheel barrels. Really makes them pop!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Agreed, I've had mine for a few months now and I just can't believe how good they are for that price.. even if I replace them every year, 100% worth it to me

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know it's not easy, but you should clean out the inside of your wheel barrels. Really makes them pop!
Thanks guys

So you would laugh at me but the other side has been cleaned. I didn't have enough time so I need to go back and do the passenger side haha

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
184 Posts
Thanks for the review! I have been eyeing these for a while now. It is nice to know that several of y'all have favorable reviews.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Just bought a set 275/40/20 on Amazon 103.00 each. Cant beat the price! Thanks for the review!

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anytime! I am incredibly picky when it comes to big purchases especially for my challenger so I definitely wanted to share my experience to help others.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus STP
33 Posts
I noticed that Amazon offers a bundle on these with the Atturo AZ800 Performance Radial Tire - 275/40R20 106W and the 315/35R20 106W. Does anyone think that running 315/35's is too wide/narrow of a tire?

·
Super Moderator
15,380 Posts
I noticed that Amazon offers a bundle on these with the Atturo AZ800 Performance Radial Tire - 275/40R20 106W and the 315/35R20 106W. Does anyone think that running 315/35's is too wide/narrow of a tire?
the sidewall height and overall diameter are almost the same as the 275/40 - however...the rim width it the issue. You'd need a 10.5 - 11" width wheel for correct fitment.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
I ordered a set a month ago but haven't installed them yet. I got them for $106 each shipped. That's crazy!!! The Nitto still have about 4k miles left on them which should last me a few more months. I will probably end up at like 27k miles on the Nittos so I can't complain vs. the OEM which I got about 14k and they were at the 2/32 mark. Looking forward to seeing how they perform as a daily driver. As most have mentioned, if I get 20-25k miles off of them it's WELL worth half the cost of other tires...

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
I ordered a set a month ago but haven't installed them yet. I got them for $106 each shipped. That's crazy!!! The Nitto still have about 4k miles left on them which should last me a few more months. I will probably end up at like 27k miles on the Nittos so I can't complain vs. the OEM which I got about 14k and they were at the 2/32 mark. Looking forward to seeing how they perform as a daily driver. As most have mentioned, if I get 20-25k miles off of them it's WELL worth half the cost of other tires...
So I had them installed almost 3 weeks ago and I have to say I'm very impressed so far. They grip really well in corners and in the rain! I'll see how they hold up in the long run but for now there's nothing negative I can say about them compared to more expensive tires I've purchased...

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts