Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there an ability to set an audible rev. alert in the 2020 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody 392? We also have a 2018 Mustang GT and it allows the driver to set an audible alert and a visual alert when one is approaching the red line. Yesterday, I took my daughter for ride in the Challenger and I forgot that the 392 develops power at significantly lower revs than does the Coyote 5.0. My 24 years old daughter loves to ride in our muscle cars and wanted to feel the big Challenger accelerate. While letting the big black and green Challenger stretch his legs, I hit the computer imposed rev cut off and rather surprised myself.

Given that the two cars drive differently, I appreciate the alerts in the Mustang and would like to set one in the Challenger if it is so equipped.

Thank you.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I would break in the engine first.... before flooring it but if you don't plan in keeping it a while the 2nd post there's an option but it's just a light where the mph is no audible unless that's changed in the newer ones.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
There's no audible alert, only the shift light. These cars rpm so quickly, that even the shift light should be set a little lower in the first few gears. If you try to set it close to its maximum.......during a hard pull, by the time the light signals, your brain registers, and your hand acts.......you're already bumping the rev limiter. The rev limiter won't do any short term damage, but it's not something you want to use at your leisure. Sort of like sitting at the tree on the two step for too long.........it's not healthy, long term.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is the six speed. I plan to keep the car for a long time and I generally break my new cars in very gently. This simply caught me by surprise as I didn't think it would rev the high, that quickly. I am glad the rev limiter is there. Now I know to be more careful. I believe it surprised me because the Mustang has a significantly higher red line, therefore, I can shift later. That is not the case with the Challenger. Now that I've made that mistake once, it will not happen again. I am just glad you all are saying an infrequent bump up to red line should not hurt the engine, I feel better.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I had my buddy go in to 1st instead of 3rd it passed redline I was like wtf but it's been good happened about 2yrs ago. I still get on it more then I should lol

You'll get use to it, I have exhaust and headers so I can hear and feel when it's getting close I'll just glance down to see where I'm at cuz shift light is to low imo

How do you like the shifter? I like the Barton alot more over the stock stick

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have not gotten around to swapping out the shifter yet. I put on the Petty strut brace; it was extremely easy and looks good even though it is a lighter shade of green. Under the hood, it looks fine. I'm also waiting on the parts to make the driver's side headlight air intake functional. I just think if it is there, it should do something! lol.

The black sure shows the dust quickly. Our Mustang is Orange Fury orange with black stripes and it can "hide" the dust quite a bit better. Both cars need to be washed this weekend.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts