Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been researching an I think this is what I am going to do. Opinions?

Front/dash speakers: Focal 165 FX Component
Rear deck speakers: Focal 570 AC 5x7 Coaxials
Sub: JL Stealthbox
Amp: Kenwood XR 400
PAC AmpPRO AP4-CH41 Amplifier Replacement Interface (digital option?)

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
I've had a Stealthbox in two different Challengers. Be sure to give it enough power. It was weak, especially when the outside temp was below 60 degrees, with a 300 watt amp. It sounds a lot better with a 500.

5x7s in the rear deck? I don't think I'd like to cut on that deck. Unless maybe your car has 5x7s in the first place. Mine had 6.5s.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've had a Stealthbox in two different Challengers. Be sure to give it enough power. It was weak, especially when the outside temp was below 60 degrees, with a 300 watt amp. It sounds a lot better with a 500.

5x7s in the rear deck? I don't think I'd like to cut on that deck. Unless maybe your car has 5x7s in the first place. Mine had 6.5s.
I'll be sure to ask them about the rear deck, thanks.

I'm on the fence about the stealthbox.

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
I like the Stealthbox a lot. I installed it differently, though. JL wants you to drill a hole through the wheelwell. We actually attached it to some inner bracing that already had a hole in it, behind the box. It makes it a little garder to get to the battery, etc., but it's not too difficult.

I'm pretty sure you have two 6.5" speakers in the rear deck. I'm not sure what it would take to put those 5x7s in, but cutting from the top or bottom could be a PITA. On the 2015, the speakers are mounted using three screws, too, so some drilling may need to be done, no matter what speaker you choose. On my car, I used a Dodge/Kicker speaker in the rear deck, since it was easy, and plugged right in. In the doors and dash, I used Infinity Reference component speakers. My car had the rear sub in the deck, so I removed it, and tapped those wires for the Stealthbox.

Be sure to do the research on what speaker is used for the chimes/nav/etc. Lots of stereo shops break that when they upgrade your system. I left my system stock, other than replacing speakers and adding the sub.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I called the shop and they said they would need to build custom brackets. Still, the total install price was quoted at $189.

I also saw a small powered sub by Sound Ordnance B- 8PTD that is getting great reviews on Crutchfield. Might fit under the front seat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts