Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased used 2012 Yellow Jacket with all the options including the Harmon Kardon Stereo and there are some cables that are seen from the trunk that are coiled up in a pocket in the back of the rear seat on the Driver's side. 2 of them have an RCA 1/4" Male plug on them, 2 are what looks to be abput 13 Gauge Stranded wires and one thin one that looks to be about 18 Gauge Stranded......I can not find reference to them in the manual....what the heck are they for???

·
Registered
150 Posts
They don't sound like a factory harness. My guess it is a reverse camera. I installed a Lockpick V4 kit on my in dash nav that gives me full control of the unit and gave me a the ability of wiring in a back-up camera. The kit came with a camera and a wiring harness that sounds something like what you are describing.

I routed the harness from the stereo under the rear seat and through the trunk to the back of the car.

Maybe the previous owner had the kit and removed when they sold but didn't bother with the effort to remove the wiring harness.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts