Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a yr ago I had the dual 10 kicker factory add on sub box that had two amps and you tap into the rear speaker. When idle the lights flickered like hell and I had the thump in the trunk till it powered off

I have a 5 channel JL AMP AND 2 mtx tens I want to do something with
Any way around this light dimming thing? I have used caps in the past and they are a joke?
Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nobody????

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok
I have the factory kicker speaker set up with the factory kicker subwoofer

I bought a yr or so ago the aftermarket / factory upgrade kicker amplified duel 10” subwoofer box that comes with amplifiers for each sub.
You tap in the rear 6x9 for power

I then experienced dimming of the lights and thumping noise until the electrical system would power down after the car was shut off.
I sold that set up.

I now want to put a JL AMP in with 2 10” mtx subs and would like to know if I will be experiencing the same issues with noise and light dimming if out the JL/mtx set up in

And looking for the best place to get input power for the amp

Better???

·
Registered
223 Posts
Ok
I have the factory kicker speaker set up with the factory kicker subwoofer

I bought a yr or so ago the aftermarket / factory upgrade kicker amplified duel 10” subwoofer box that comes with amplifiers for each sub.
You tap in the rear 6x9 for power

I then experienced dimming of the lights and thumping noise until the electrical system would power down after the car was shut off.
I sold that set up.

I now want to put a JL AMP in with 2 10” mtx subs and would like to know if I will be experiencing the same issues with noise and light dimming if out the JL/mtx set up in

And looking for the best place to get input power for the amp

Better???

It sounds like to me, a ground issue and your high level input was powering the amp on and off rapidly. I had an Infinity active subwoofer that was doing a similar thing with the thumping and was not working properly... I traced it down to the ground wire. Once it had a proper ground it stopped turning the amp on and off and worked properly.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts