Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I’m new here. I have a 2018 Challenger R/T Shaker but it only has the base audio system with the 7 inch screen with apple car play. Frankly the system is terribly weak. How hard would it be to put in the Harman Kardon audio system? Is it possible?

·
Registered
448 Posts
I'm sure its possible, but it would require a lot of work. If you're willing to put in the work yourself, or pay someone else to do it, you may as well go with purchasing your own speakers / amp(s) / crossovers. Don't get me wrong, for a factory upgrade option, the HK system is fantastic. I have it in my 19 SP WB. However, there are always going to be better speakers available on the open market.

I had an old '99 Oldsmobile Intrigue a few years back that I installed Memphis Audio in - and those guys make great car speakers. Properly amplified of course, with some crossovers as per the speaker you're using.

That being said, the HK subwoofer box is dual 10", and they are mounted underneath the carpet floor of the trunk (where the spare tire would go). This would obviously be an option for you, for your low end, considering that it would allow you to conserve space and still have some low end. This being said, 12" is always preferred minimum for bass, because I don't think 10" can ever really get the same definition that a 12" can. My low end on the HK system is great, but a properly amplified single 12" would be better.

·
Registered
448 Posts
It's not a stock option anymore. Different speaker mounting hardware was used in your car.

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
8,523 Posts
Hello everyone. I’m new here. I have a 2018 Challenger R/T Shaker but it only has the base audio system with the 7 inch screen with apple car play. Frankly the system is terribly weak. How hard would it be to put in the Harman Kardon audio system? Is it possible?
It's possible, but only within the context of "anything's possible with enough money and enough time."
It would certainly not be practical to go that route, and I would venture to say barely even feasible, but that's only because I don't know your particular situation.
If you are in search of a big project to devote all your time and money to for the next month, then it would be feasible to attempt this. Otherwise, I cannot see how it would be something worth taking on.

·
Registered
448 Posts
So are you asking us based on doing this yourself or having dealer or someone else do it for you? Why does it need to be HK and not something else?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts