Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I have a 2016 Challenger with the stock Alpine 6 Speaker system. I ended up changing out the front speakers to components and adding two subs. Because I didn't want to screw up anything with the factory system ( especially navigation prompts) I opted of the Audiocontrol dq-61, nice piece of gear with eq and time alignment, but the factory eq in this alpine system has a NASTY eq curve which the dq-61 just couldn't handle so I went the dsp route. I'm going to post pictures later on when I get to spend some time with it but so far the Audiocontrol DM-608 is a MONSTER. It's really interesting to see the NASTY eq curve the factory Alpine has, and even more interesting to see how it changes with the volume.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Been playing around with the software and some of the summing options along with the autocorrect feature for the eq..... the eq coming from the factory has the low miss boosted and the signal boosted as well ( there is a full rang signal going to the dash speakers and a high pass signal going to the door speakers from the factory amp) the auto correct boost more of the mid/high frequencies instead of cutting the lows, IF you sum up the signals together. I chose to just have the full range signal going to my components. The eq curve from the "full range" signal has everything below 100k SIGNIFICANTLY cut, although it's there, so I ended up boosting it to give me a fuller signal. I have my fronts with cut off at 45k seems like the sweet spot right after "subby" bass that could potentially hurt the speakers if I listened to bass heavy music. I'm really loving this thing. It's really easy to use . Didn't take long to set up and I can definitely hear a difference in audio quality vs the factory amps eq!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
113 Posts
you know the signals coming off the amp are just atrocious, the factory dsp in the amp is in my opinion one of the worst i have ever dealt with. no matter how much summing you do and eqing, it just cuts and boosts frequencies differently depending on the signal and volume setting so getting a clean predictable output is just impossible. I understand that the pac-audio AP4-CH41 is a little on the spendy side at $250. But what is offers is a clean flat output at all volume levels that you can EQ and be done. And if you go with the optional optical output to your dsp the noise floor is gone and head room is increased. I honestly think this is the best thing that has came along for going aftermarket in our cars. If it were me I would ditch the DQ-61 and get the AP4-CH41 from pac audio.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts