Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
7,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have an Infinity 10" powered sub in my trunk getting its signal from the rear speakers coming in through the unit's built-in speaker level inputs. I love the added base and all, but I can't help but think it would sound a little better if I were using the line level inputs. However, with the factory stereo (2011 base system, no amp), that's not an option. So my question: does anyone have an educated guess as to whether utilizing an AudioControl LC2i to get sound from rear speakers and output via its line level outputs (and thus input to sub via the line level inputs) would make a noticeable difference?

·
Registered
229 Posts
The circuitry will correct for bass "roll-off", so your base response at higher level volume may be noticable. The signal should be cleaner as well; however, the distortion associated with the relatively light gauge factory speaker wiring could be eliminated if the LC2i were located under the dash and new quality speaker wire were run to your sub. Whether or not you will ACTUALLY be able to tell the difference is a hard one to answer because it is so subjective.

SactownMan...Paging SactownMan.

Reactions: Nuke

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
7,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The circuitry will correct for bass "roll-off", so your base response at higher level volume may be noticable. The signal should be cleaner as well; however, the distortion associated with the relatively light gauge factory speaker wiring could be eliminated if the LC2i were located under the dash and new quality speaker wire were run to your sub. Whether or not you will ACTUALLY be able to tell the difference is a hard one to answer because it is so subjective.
That's kinda what I was thinking. And since I'm running out of things to polish, shine, and fix on my car, I may have to put this on my "to-do" list. Lord knows standing in the garage and staring at my car wondering what to do next could get me in trouble w/out something real to try.

Nuke

1 - 3 of 3 Posts