Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

Wife and I recently just had our Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Shaker registered in Sydney.

Just see if there are any other Aussies on here?

Still yet to get any decent photos of her as we have just been busy this weekend driving her.

Cheers
Will

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
Hi, kiwi here but was wondering if you had to convert to right hand drive to register?

And congrats on your new ride, pictures are always popular. :wink3:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, kiwi here but was wondering if you had to convert to right hand drive to register?

And congrats on your new ride, pictures are always popular. :wink3:
Hey Fawls!

Will better getting good quality photos this weekend.

Thanks to our wonderful laws it had to be converted to RHD as it is newer than 30 years.

PS. Love New Zealand! So many awesome roads and the people are fantastic.

Here are some camera phone pics.

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
Wow, there's some photo's to freak a few out who aren't used to seeing the steering wheel over there! that looks like an expensive job so can't imagine you will see too many others driving around (I,m happy to be proven wrong on that). How do the wing mirrors line up?, years ago a mate converted a Camaro, early 2000's model if I recall correctly (not a fan of them) he did it himself with parts from a crowd in Queensland who specialized in conversions so it all looked good, like a factory job but there was the little things that would never occur to you until you sat in the other seat, things like the mirrors are all now angled for the wrong seat so hard (but not impossible) to adjust, the passenger foot-well was narrower than the drivers, all the seat and climate control controls were around the wrong way, the wipers were on the wrong side etc.

I know things have come a long way from then and can see the wipers have been sorted and I know they swap the electrics on the seats and controls now as well, most of this also witnessed in your photos... a lot of work! That park brake looks like a mission on its own and I see you have no left foot rest (that narrower passenger foot-well thing), looks like they did a first class job and the untrained eye would be oblivious to any of those minor points.

I see your authorities are a bit (lot) anal about the indicators??? how stupid do they think people are? anyone with an ounce of common sense could figure that out.. oh I see my mistake. :wink3:

As long as you are happy with it, great colour by the way and I would guess it is a very special car in NSW, looking forward to seeing more photo's.

·
Registered
953 Posts
That’s a great looking ride you have, Will. Really love how the conversion looks. Is the conversion done with Dodge OEM parts (the dashboard, for instance) or aftermarket? Were the bumper reflectors an added requirement? Looks like they wanted you to add an extra color reflector, maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
14,431 Posts
First Challenger I've seen in RHD configuration. Now we have a "solution" for those that want a power passenger seat!
Find the RHD parts.

And since the consoles aren't symmetrical like the '08-'14s, that has to be redesigned for RHD configuration as well.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
The rear reflectors are actually indicators as it is illegal to have red indicators in Aus. Rather than reverse engineering the tail lights they just place it in bar.

Dashboard, centre console and driver's/passenger seat are all 3D scanned and every thing is re built. Only major OEM RHD part would be the steering rack as that is from a Chrysler 300 SRT. Company we used are the only ones that copy the centre console to look exactly like the original just flipped.

Also Flaws in terms of cabin space. Still plenty of room on the driver's side. I just rest my foot under the clutch. But then again I do also have a Suzuki Cappuccino so I'm use to tight cabin spaces.

Foot brake you do get use to doing a little dance to put it on. Climate control are still very much like the original car. But stuff you really get use too.

The conversion is not cheap however it is the only Scat Pack Shaker that we know of in our state or the country. Please the wife's dream car is a Challenger so it was all worth it.

People are more inclined to bring in a Hellcat. Which there are about 12 of. But this thing get so many looks.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Nice car!

There's rumor the next generation Challenger and Charger will be offered in RHD for export but for now, Brampton only builds the Chrysler 300 in RHD and even that is ending soon.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
12,988 Posts
RHD conversion looks awesome, congratulations :thumbsup:

A Guy

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
The rear reflectors are actually indicators as it is illegal to have red indicators in Aus. Rather than reverse engineering the tail lights they just place it in bar.

Dashboard, centre console and driver's/passenger seat are all 3D scanned and every thing is re built. Only major OEM RHD part would be the steering rack as that is from a Chrysler 300 SRT. Company we used are the only ones that copy the centre console to look exactly like the original just flipped.

Also Flaws in terms of cabin space. Still plenty of room on the driver's side. I just rest my foot under the clutch. But then again I do also have a Suzuki Cappuccino so I'm use to tight cabin spaces.

Foot brake you do get use to doing a little dance to put it on. Climate control are still very much like the original car. But stuff you really get use too.

The conversion is not cheap however it is the only Scat Pack Shaker that we know of in our state or the country. Please the wife's dream car is a Challenger so it was all worth it.

People are more inclined to bring in a Hellcat. Which there are about 12 of. But this thing get so many looks.

Have you done anything about getting the Map & Radio converted for local use or was that part of the deal?

If not check out Customtronix's, I have local maps & Radio (NZ) working in my car with just a couple downloads that I put on to USB sticks that I uploaded to the car, well worth the effort. Cost around 450 Euro.

http://customtronix.com/

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Have you done anything about getting the Map & Radio converted for local use or was that part of the deal?

If not check out Customtronix's, I have local maps & Radio (NZ) working in my car with just a couple downloads that I put on to USB sticks that I uploaded to the car, well worth the effort. Cost around 450 Euro.
At the moment we are just using our phones.

From what I can gather it is an expensive exercise to convert our Nav to have Australia maps.

How much did it set you back with Customtronix?

Cheers
Will

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dredging up an old post but I just bought a 2013 challenger srt8 392 over here in Perth.
Loving the car so far!
Wonder if there's any others over here
Arr nice one!

Looks great with the red and the silver!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts