Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installing an auto dim/dual-mic rearview mirror and I need to remove the lower dash panel below the steering wheel in order to route the wires to the radio. Does anyone have any guidance on how to do this? Do I just brute force the sucker out or are there any screws/bolts holding this in place. I can't see to find anything except 2 plastic plugs holding the insulation in place.

·
Registered
182 Posts
You have remove the door sill first. Then you will see a couple screws you have to take off A-side the bottom dash piece popps off

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! That was very helpful. After I took the screws off I was able to pop the dash off right from the center underneath the steering wheel. I could not figure out how to pull off the trunk plug/adapter so I just held it in place while I routed my cables.

Next problem - how do I remove the cigarette lighter under the radio in order to splice the connections for the auto dim mirror?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks very much! I finally got around to wrapping this up today and the instructions were really helpful.

·
Registered
909 Posts
It runs down the drivers side. You have to drop the front of the headliner and remove the A pillar cover and the cover under the dash/steering area. And I zip tied the wire to the metal bar/frame under the dash because I think there was extra length to hide. Not sure though, it's been a while.

·
Registered
711 Posts
thanks drinkcoke - was looking for the connector as I was informed there should be one just at the point where the pillar meets the dash portion, I'll be looking tomorrow a bit better to see if there is one. if not, then I'll just extend the leads.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts