Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got in the car to move it out of the garage. Put in R and seems like the E brake is on. What am I missing. 2020 Scat Pack auto trans???

·
Registered
16,216 Posts
Is your driver's door open?

If not, your brake pads locked up.

You've got the 6-piston brakes? Seems fairly common with them.

Can happen if you pull straight in the garage after a wash. Really need to dry the brakes out by heat from driving before parking.

Just give it a little more gas going in the direction where you won't hit anything, it should pop free.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Makes sense!! The night before I had given the wheels and tires a good washing. I’ll give it a try this morning.

Got them busted loose. Thx for the help.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Makes sense!! The night before I had given the wheels and tires a good washing. I’ll give it a try this morning.
My wife’s Camaro will lock the pads to the rotors if you wash it and pull it in the garage to let it set overnight. I now take it for a spin around the block after washing it and before parking it. The first time it happened I couldn’t figure it out and I actually rocked the car back and forth while giving it some gas in reverse and bang a big noise cracked off in the garage. I thought I broke the trans for a second but that was it.

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy- GONE :-(
4,708 Posts
I had it happen as well on mine after a drive in the rain, then sat for a week. Now, IF I put it away wet, I try to remember to move it back and forth the next morning. But since this lockdown crap, I can avoid the wet stuff easier.

Reactions: 50SCAT
1 - 6 of 6 Posts