Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading through the owner's manual and came across the feature that turns on the headlights when the wipers are turned on:

The Headlights On with Wipers feature can be enabled or disabled. Refer to ”Headlights On with Wipers,” under “Personal Settings (Customer-Programmable Features)” under “Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC)” in Section 4. (pg.121 R/T Owner's Manual)

Unlike other features that have supplemental instructions to enable for those without EVIC, the owner's manual only tells how to enable this feature in EVIC. Is this feature in fact only available in units equipped with EVIC, or is there in fact a way to enable this in units that have auto headlights and no EVIC?

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
I think you have to have the EVIC for the lights to work with the wipers. Do you have the link for the 100+ tips and tricks yet? Some of the info is in the owners manual but some isn't.

·
Registered
32 Posts
My vehicle does not have EVIC and has the lights engaged when wipers activated feature. I did not turn it on and only figured it out because every time I turned the wipers on, my Radio display would dim.

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
My vehicle does not have EVIC and has the lights engaged when wipers activated feature. I did not turn it on and only figured it out because every time I turned the wipers on, my Radio display would dim.
Same. I believe this is standard on all models.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
I don't know if mine come on with the wipers or not. Don't drive it in the rain.

·
Super Moderator
15,023 Posts
Same. I believe this is standard on all models.
This is for the trim(s) that have automatic headlights. [I think certain SE models do not have auto headlights]

And you must have the switch set in the "automatic" position if desired to have the lights activate with wipers on.

If the switch is set to "0" (off) no automatic lights w/ wipers on.

·
Banned
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Yup, checked this morning and the headlights are enabled to come on with the wipers by default. I guess I should have checked first :icon_eek: The owner's manual confused me because it suggests that this feature must be enabled, and only has instructions to enable it in the EVIC, which my car doesn't have.

Thanks guys :guiness:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts