Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to figure out how to put the car in launch control. I hit the traction control twice the panel says launch control enabled but when I press the gas pedal down the car hops around. I have a Trans brake in my race car is it not like a trans brake? How fast after selecting the traction control button twice do you have to push the pedal down and do you go straight to the floor or push it down until RPMs reach 1825?

Is this the way to launch the car at the track for the best et? I tried but the car only ran a 14.01. I was shifting the car with the paddle shifter and did hit the rev limiter on the 1-2 shift so it may have went into the 13s. Thanks

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Launch Control

JR392,
I have a 14 Core Auto. I tried the launch control last year at Bandimere, it did work but of the 2 runs I made it was a tenth quicker with the car on partial traction control, and no launch control.
What I found out is hit the button twice, then quickly with your foot on the brake floor it. That being said when I tried it in the garage ( facing out) the car would just spin, but at the track it worked.
Hope this helps, I may go up to Bandimere Friday?

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Trans brake

I forgot this part, but no it is not like a trans brake. I had a Dart that ran 8.70's at Bandimere and when you let go of the trans brake button, shit happened! This is electronic and kills the power?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Bright SRT8 what's the best way to launch the challenger? What do you mean by partial traction control? What do these cars run at Bandemere? Thanks man! I will be up there next Wednesday. My car is a plum crazy core, say hello if you get a chance.

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
10,424 Posts
If you don't have drag radials you are going to have to just ease into the throttle from just off idle until you get the car moving. What kind of 60' time did you manage? my guess is you are lossing a lot of time coming off the line.

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
10,424 Posts
What do you mean by partial traction control?
Push the traction control button once and you get partial traction control, hold the button in until you get the chime and TC is all the way off.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Thanks 70barcuda, that's it exactly. Having made only 2 runs I'm not sure partial traction control is the quickest ET but it worked.
With only 750 miles mine went [email protected], so I know the next time up yours will be in the 13's!
I have to work tomorrow, so next Wednesday may work!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool thanks for the info, my first run will be in drive launch control enabled, second pass will be partial traction control and ease into it off the line to keep from spinning the tires. Has anyone put the car in 1 (auto) and launch control ? What are the ideal shift points? Hope it doesn't rain tomorrow! Has anyone made a pass w/o CAI and then added CAI ? was there better et's ? Hate to spend $400 on a CAI to gain nothing!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
12.5 that's awesome. We have a national speedway that host the NHRA Mile High Nationals and there are days when the corrected air is 8,000-8500 ft so it takes almost a full second off et. When you used the launch control was the car in drive or sport or 1 and then using the paddle shifters? Or do you own a six speed? Anyway thanks for your reply. Do you have a Cold air intake if so did it lower your ET?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I didn't take it to the track it looked like rain. Did you go to Bandemere? I will be there next week it looks like clear weather. I tried the launch control on the street and discovered you have to be on flat ground with the wheels straight. But I figured it out .

·
Registered
16 Posts
12.5 that's awesome. We have a national speedway that host the NHRA Mile High Nationals and there are days when the corrected air is 8,000-8500 ft so it takes almost a full second off et. When you used the launch control was the car in drive or sport or 1 and then using the paddle shifters? Or do you own a six speed? Anyway thanks for your reply. Do you have a Cold air intake if so did it lower your ET?

I have the Charger so it's automatic, I had it in track mode along with the launch control when I got the 12.5, on a different run the launch control gave me a .009 reaction time too.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 13 of 13 Posts