Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just added the 6 speed boot and bezel to my auto stick, had some issues and did some extra mods(black screws) to make it work.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Hey RT/LSD,

Its kind of tough seeing what you did completely. Are you able to post a larger more detailed pic?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Can you post what the problems were? What's the part number for the boot and the current dealer price?

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
New Picks

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Issue I had was the bezel whould not click in place, I now believe it was a issue of not seating the bezel first by the cup holders. The reason i now have screws is I used square dowel rods, attached the leather with contact cement to the dowels and then screwed the dowel rods to the bezel. I kinda like the screws look, or maybe I have a screw loose. I don't have a part number, I just when't to my Mopar dealer and asked for a replacement shifter for a 2010 challenger 6 speed, I got lucky they had one in black, there is grey leather boots out also. I paid 118.00 for mine, I think you can get the kit for under 90 if you looke hard. Anyone want a 6 speed shifter free let me know, I'm using it for a paper weight, you pay shipping.

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
do you have issues downshifting in auto stick? i did the same thing and need to find a way to keep the leather tucked down nice and tight. if not it makes tough to shift to the left the car doesnt like to shift on its own in autostick,,,lurches forward

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yup, same issue down shifting, realy got to bang it left

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
Are you trying to make folks think you have a standard tranny?

·
Registered
474 Posts
I did this exact same mod and had no issues getting the bezel to clip into place. Did you take the PRND plate off? Because in order for me to get mine to fit properly I had to remove that whole assembly and it fit right in.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I did this mod in my last car, partly because I hated the T-Shifter, partly because the look of a leather sleeve is much nicer than what automatics are stuck with. I'd consider doing it again, but I'll probably just settle for the pistol grip.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I didn't do it to try and fool anyone, its pretty obvious when you look at it that its not a stick shift. I did it because a boot always looks better rather than looking at an ugly PRND plate.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I want to do the exact same thing on my auto but I want to keep the OEM 6 speed pistol shifter bc I LOVE the look of it. Is it possible to do mod it to fit instead of the autostick?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts