Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know why no one has come out with a solution to the automatic upshift in the automatic cars? i had an 05 jeep and you could hammer that thing and it would not upshift under any circumstance until you told it to, so i would imagine someone should be able to crack that code and apply those same parameters to these new motors/trans.
what would you guys be willing to pay for that feature? maybe if we got enough interest diablosport or another of the programmers might dig further into it. i'd probaby shell out 200 bones or more to have just that function...i always seem to lose my control as the car shifts into 2nd right as the tires start to smoke in the middle of a burnout...then she slips to 3rd and falls on her face...blahhhhh...

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
does anyone know why no one has come out with a solution to the automatic upshift in the automatic cars? i had an 05 jeep and you could hammer that thing and it would not upshift under any circumstance until you told it to, so i would imagine someone should be able to crack that code and apply those same parameters to these new motors/trans.
what would you guys be willing to pay for that feature? maybe if we got enough interest diablosport or another of the programmers might dig further into it. i'd probaby shell out 200 bones or more to have just that function...i always seem to lose my control as the car shifts into 2nd right as the tires start to smoke in the middle of a burnout...then she slips to 3rd and falls on her face...blahhhhh...
With the Diablo Predator U7135 under the 'Quick Adjust' parameters scroll to 'Autostick Auto Upshift' and choose 'Disable'.Now when in manual autostick mode you can shift manually at any rpm without the vehicle automatically upshifting as it would do stock.The transmission will still automatically downshift.

·
Registered
688 Posts
The Mopar Performance Transmission Controller eliminated it for me on my SRT. You didn't say what engine you had so I don't know if it will do it for you.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
With the Diablo Predator U7135 under the 'Quick Adjust' parameters scroll to 'Autostick Auto Upshift' and choose 'Disable'.Now when in manual autostick mode you can shift manually at any rpm without the vehicle automatically upshifting as it would do stock.The transmission will still automatically downshift.
auto upshift doesn't disable with predator on the challengers.

i have the 09 5.7 motor...i didn't know the mopar tcm was compatible with the challengers yet?

·
Registered
772 Posts
You can disable it on an '08 with the Predator ;)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Ya just to reiterate what was said: disabling auto upshift on 09-10 autos is a no go.

·
Super Moderator
09 RT Challenger auto
3,467 Posts
It cannot be done on the 09 or 10 challenger by DS. The Mopar tcm upgrade is not for the 09 and up.
Someone here,on this forum was going to try and use the 08 tcm up grade from Henynesee or Mopar to see if it works. Never heard no more.
I also have this problem. And it is a problem.
Anyone know if the VB from builder bill at paramount performance will fix this ?

·
Registered
688 Posts
auto upshift doesn't disable with predator on the challengers.

i have the 09 5.7 motor...i didn't know the mopar tcm was compatible with the challengers yet?
The MTCM is for the '05-'06 RT's. I have an '05 RT and an '09 SRT. I bought the MTCM with the idea that if it didn't work out on the SRT, I would put it into my RT. Well, for the most part, it does work on my '09 SRT. It does eliminate the auto upshift in autostick mode. It does also limit the rev limiter to 6400rpm, which I don't like. I have tried changing the rev limiter in the Trinity and it won't budge. Now, whether or not it will work in your RT is anybodies guess. I am verifing that it does work in my '09 Challenger SRT though. I got in on a group buy for them, so it was fairly cheap, but you should be able to pick up one for less than $300 or even a used one for maybe $200. You might find more info on this subject over on LXForums.com. HTH

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bonez...that's good to hear, make me wanna buy one just to try it and see if it will work or not. it also proves that this can be done with just software programming, no need for new valve bodies, etc... i hope someone can crack the code soon.

·
Registered
2010 Dodge Challenger RT
46 Posts
Just wondering if there has been any update to this? I have an 2010 R/T and I'm getting tired of the auto upshift in manual mode. Does the predator 2 or intune fix this issue? Or do I still need a TCM? I'm sick of 2 second burnouts then it upshifts into 2nd and nothing. I'd even be happy to lower my rev limiter so I don't break anything. But I hate having to downshift to try and stay in 1st once it auto upshifts. Take the fun out of a lot of stuff IMO. Any help is appreciated!

·
Premium Member
3,727 Posts
Just wondering if there has been any update to this? I have an 2010 R/T and I'm getting tired of the auto upshift in manual mode. Does the predator 2 or intune fix this issue? Or do I still need a TCM? I'm sick of 2 second burnouts then it upshifts into 2nd and nothing. I'd even be happy to lower my rev limiter so I don't break anything. But I hate having to downshift to try and stay in 1st once it auto upshifts. Take the fun out of a lot of stuff IMO. Any help is appreciated!
Try putting it in Sport Mode. That worked in my 13 5.7L. Only problem was it hitting the Rev Limiter.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts