Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Challenger SRT8
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious, has anyone found a way to disable the auto upshift in 2011 challengers? I know 2012 and on have sport mode that holds the gear, and 2008-2010 challengers can use the mopar TCM to hold gear as well. But I haven't heard anything for 2011.

So is there a way to disable it on the 2011s so that it will hold gear and bounce off the rev limiter?

·
Registered
127 Posts
When I look at the Trinity Tuner - Adjustable paramaters for the 2011 Dodge Challenger 6.4L. It shows:
Disable Autostick Auto Upshift
"Automatic Dodge/Chrysler vehicles have a great feature called “AutoStick” that lets the driver select each gear change with a push of the shifter lever. In the stock configuration, the transmission will still shift to the next gear when the engine hits a certain RPM, even in the Autostick mode. Activating this parameter will let the driver hold the transmission in each gear as long as he wants. Excellent for nights at the local dragstrip!"

I haven't bought one yet, but this was one of the reasons I was going to get it, as well as the ability to disable MDS

·
Registered
2013 Challenger SRT8
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I look at the Trinity Tuner - Adjustable paramaters for the 2011 Dodge Challenger 6.4L. It shows:
Disable Autostick Auto Upshift
"Automatic Dodge/Chrysler vehicles have a great feature called “AutoStick” that lets the driver select each gear change with a push of the shifter lever. In the stock configuration, the transmission will still shift to the next gear when the engine hits a certain RPM, even in the Autostick mode. Activating this parameter will let the driver hold the transmission in each gear as long as he wants. Excellent for nights at the local dragstrip!"

I haven't bought one yet, but this was one of the reasons I was going to get it, as well as the ability to disable MDS
Hmmmm interesting, there are some features on the diablosport that don't work, though. Can anyone confirm that this feature works?

·
Registered
2010 Dodge Challenger RT
46 Posts
Just wondering if there has been any update to this? I have an 2010 R/T and I'm getting tired of the auto upshift in manual mode. Does the predator 2 or intune fix this issue? Or do I still need a TCM? I'm sick of 2 second burnouts then it upshifts into 2nd and nothing. I'd even be happy to lower my rev limiter so I don't break anything. But I hate having to downshift to try and stay in 1st once it auto upshifts. Take the fun out of a lot of stuff IMO. Any help is appreciated!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts