Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if the only difference between the R/T Auto tranny exhaust and the 6-speed is the 6-speed's smaller bottle mufflers as opposed to the auto's large "suitcase" muffler? The reason I ask is that I'm considering going with the Solo Performance Mach X exhaust for my R/T (auto tranny) but their clips only show 6-speeds. Is it true that two Challengers (one auto and one stick) fitted with identical catback exhausts will sound identical?

Thanks.

·
Registered
864 Posts
The entire system is smaller, auto is like 2.25 and manual is 2.5
Edit: sorry from the cats back its smaller, youll be good with the 6-speed catback though.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have an auto too and installing this exhaust tomorrow morning. I will post up some pics and video in the next couple days. I am looking forward to hearing it too.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have an auto too and installing this exhaust tomorrow morning. I will post up some pics and video in the next couple days. I am looking forward to hearing it too.
Thanks man! I'm dying to hear this as soon as I can so I can get in under the group buy deadline.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Just wondering if the only difference between the R/T Auto tranny exhaust and the 6-speed is the 6-speed's smaller bottle mufflers as opposed to the auto's large "suitcase" muffler? The reason I ask is that I'm considering going with the Solo Performance Mach X exhaust for my R/T (auto tranny) but their clips only show 6-speeds. Is it true that two Challengers (one auto and one stick) fitted with identical catback exhausts will sound identical?

Thanks.
The difference is to cut drown on the interior drone for the Automatic when it goes into DOD.

Regards,
Don
JDP Motorsports
888-308-6007

1 - 6 of 6 Posts