Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's the one thing that annoys me the most about the car. Never had a problem with any other car that had a regular ol flip mirror.

It doesn't dim nearly enough. Every time someone pulls behide me at night with HID or LED lights it's blinding. It doesn't do anything but give the blinding lights a light green tint. What was wrong with the old flip? That has been on cars for like 70 years. I have thought about putting a piece of tint on the mirror. Anyone else come up with a good solution?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,606 Posts
Some people have partially covered the sensor with tape, or covered with tape with a small hole in it. I don't know how well that worked, but they claim it's better

A Guy

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
3,441 Posts
Covering the sensor in the front towards the windshield, or on the mirror side? If you block/limit the light hitting it from the car behind you, it will react less and seem worse. If you block/limit the light on the front side, it will think it is night time earlier, and dim quicker maybe.

·
Registered
2018 RT Plus
60 Posts
I'd take a flip down mirror any day over Autodim. It's the same way in my Titan but at least you're higher up. I might have to experiment blocking the sensor but I'm not expecting much.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,606 Posts
The windshield side. I imagine it's then thinking it's darker all the time

A Guy

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
I hate that mirror too...the flip up mirror in my 02 Durango works great. So much for progress right??? Lol.....

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,606 Posts

A Guy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts