Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here are the first photos of the new AFR MAX AIR Hood Scoop system from Autoform.

UPDATED:
Pic of the AFR MAX AIR Hood Scoop system with the new SSR SP1 wheels.

Couple of shots of my car from the recent Spring Fest 6.

More pics..

More photos HERE

Apart from the hood scoop, the rest of the system is ready to go. Steve Dreyer, the man behind Autoform will fine tune the design of the hood scoop to allow the use of taller air filters. I'll disassemble the hood scoop parts and take pics to show you guys how it's secured in the hood.

The hood scoop was designed in a way so that if you have one of their Shaker intake system or their T/A style Scoop system, you can easily switch out parts to achieve a new look while using the same exact Autoform hood, all without drilling.

We drove the car home from the body shop after the install, going about 65 mph on a light downpour and the hood scoop held up fine with the rain shield (not shown in these pics) and water drainage system working as designed. It’s awesome to hear the engine breathing coming out through the hood scoop. I’m very happy with this product and is anxious to see the final design of the hood scoop piece. I haven’t gotten a chance to put the car on the dyno but will do when we get a chance.

The AFR MAX AIR hood scoop system is available for pre order at a introductory price of $1995. ($2070 MSRP).

For more info, goto AutoformGroup.com
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: (616) 392 – 4909

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Looks nice! I like the 2011 air dam too. Looks like you installed a rub guard too. Where'd you get it? Custom made?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Jon, looks kick ass man...and I hope you don't mind me stealing the splitter add on idea from you, looks killer with the 2011 airdamn, are you going to add on the typical adjustment hardware to complete the look? I am thinking about it. The hood is wicked.

what do you have in the lower grill? a retractable front plate? or lidar killer? :)

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Hahaha..... Well crap, been waiting for someone to build that hood, like the old 1320! But with 5.25 years of note been TELLING everyone NO WAY gonna put hood on banks car, and being retired, hood and paint would have to been on another note! Sooo how much to ship to Dallas, Tx? Flatblack on my PCP car is gonna be SWEET! And DEBT, well now days I look at as someone rooting for my continued existance, LMAO!

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks nice! I like the 2011 air dam too. Looks like you installed a rub guard too. Where'd you get it? Custom made?
Just made it out of 1/4" board. A little grassroot style LOL but works for now.

Jon, looks kick ass man...and I hope you don't mind me stealing the splitter add on idea from you, looks killer with the 2011 airdamn, are you going to add on the typical adjustment hardware to complete the look? I am thinking about it. The hood is wicked.

what do you have in the lower grill? a retractable front plate? or lidar killer? :)
Thanks Bill. Yeah man, the splitter lip add on I thought is an easy way to accentuate the 2011 392 lip. Just be careful getting into steep driveways if your car is slammed.

I have the retractable lic. plate holder in the lower grill. Best spot I found to mount this thing but just needed to cut the plastic mesh grill. That part is cheap anyway to replace to no biggie.

Hahaha..... Well crap, been waiting for someone to build that hood, like the old 1320! But with 5.25 years of note been TELLING everyone NO WAY gonna put hood on banks car, and being retired, hood and paint would have to been on another note! Sooo how much to ship to Dallas, Tx? Flatblack on my PCP car is gonna be SWEET! And DEBT, well now days I look at as someone rooting for my continued existance, LMAO!
LOL do it man!:wink2:

·
Registered
339 Posts
I can't put a retractable without it poking out real far, got a intercooler in the way :) I think I will do the splitter, even add the turnbuckle hardware to it to hold it up. going to do little tabs to do a plate mount that makes it real easy to remove for photo shoots and shows...but keep me legal on the streets, don't want to be hassled for nothing. yeah, driveway entry might be a pain :(

·
Registered
210 Posts
I was over at Autoform and Steve showed me those pics a few days ago. I really like the interchangeability between that scoop and the shaker scoop.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I can't put a retractable without it poking out real far, got a intercooler in the way :) I think I will do the splitter, even add the turnbuckle hardware to it to hold it up. going to do little tabs to do a plate mount that makes it real easy to remove for photo shoots and shows...but keep me legal on the streets, don't want to be hassled for nothing. yeah, driveway entry might be a pain :(
Cool, post some pics when you get it done. I think the tie rods (turnbuckle) would look cool too.

I was over at Autoform and Steve showed me those pics a few days ago. I really like the interchangeability between that scoop and the shaker scoop.
I agree. The design was well thought out to be interchangeable with their other system.

I love this hood and It looks great on your car in flat black!
Thanks Tony!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hood looks great Jon

I've been waiting for a long time for someone to do one of these and actually make it look period correct to an extent. Seems like a couple of years ago when I had asked for this to be made the people I contacted about it thought I was crazy. I would have gone a tad bit wider but it looks really good like that. Now if I only had a hood to put it on............

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
very cool. You must've been posting this while I was posting a response in the other thread LOL

Where can I get more info on that June event?

7,359 Posts
Hell yeah!!

Jonisbal is helping us all get AFR to the tuner market in a big way very cool indeed,and man that new logo is freaking sick!!

Mauls and myself ,and AFR take some awards home at Midwest Mopars Mopars in the park 2011 what a freaking great crew I met up there!Mopar Mayhem did unfold in an array of Mopar colors Ill never forget.

Attachments

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here's an updated picture of the car with the AFR Max Air hood scoop system and my new set of SSR SP1 wheels.

·
Registered
160 Posts
[QUOTE=

The hood scoop was designed in a way so that if you have one of their Shaker intake system or their T/A style Scoop system, you can easily switch out parts to achieve a new look while using the same exact Autoform hood, all without drilling.

So are you saying that I could get a T/A style scoop with this system instead of the 1340 scoop?

Thanks
Jack

1 - 20 of 36 Posts