Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few days ago, I was out driving about 8:30am and it was cloudy. The auto headlights kept going on and off repeatedly about every 10 seconds. In the hidden EVIC "easter egg" menu, there's a setting called "TC" which when increased, makes the system wait longer between changes. Problem is, my 2011 Challenger has a musical note next to "TC" which means I need a 2010 steering wheel (which had the musical note button).

Has anyone figured out a way to emulate the musical note key to change the "TC" setting? My car has been garaged most of the time since I got it and this is the first time I've driven it with autolights on. This has been written about before but I never heard of anyone figuring out a way to change the TC setting.

Has there been any progress? Also, do the 2012 and newer Challengers still show the musical note next to "TC" in the hidden EVIC menu? I'm thinking Dodge didn't finish the changes from 2010 to 2011 and I got stuck with a crossbreed that doesn't work right with autolights (automatic headlights).

Thanks everyone.

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Also, do the 2012 and newer Challengers still show the musical note next to "TC" in the hidden EVIC menu? I'm thinking Dodge didn't finish the changes from 2010 to 2011 and I got stuck with a crossbreed that doesn't work right with autolights (automatic headlights).
Can't help you with the emulating the music note key aspect of your post, but here's a shot of my 2012's EVIC screen that I took for another member question about stock settings - still has the music note key next to TC....

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
Im kind of in the same boat, with the headlights turning on and off too much. In the EVIC menu, I increased the "Thld" from 190 to 194. This helped a little, but not enough. Next move is to go to 198 or 200.

I have a 2013 and from the EVIC menu it looks like the only value that can be changed is the Thld. With the little information I have found, I think the Thld value is when the lights kick on. The "AutoHLsens" value is what the sensor currently reads. Not sure what the "TC" values are.

I started a post about this topic a little while back. No one seems to know much about this other than what is written in the Challenger tip/trick list. My advice is to take a picture of your stock setting as a baseline, then start playing around with the settings. The picture will offer the stock settings when you forget, and want to go back for some reason.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts