Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how well do the shaker challengers drive in a heavy rain? how do you keep water out of the shaker scoop in rain or car washes that have powerful spray bars and those bars rotate up & down & lower down to bumper height, then raise up spraying water right in front of & on top of the shaker scoop sticking out of the hood opening ?

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
I have had mine through the touchless wash and didn't have any problems.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I would assume there is some type of drain either in the scoop itself or in the airbox?

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
There is at least one drain molded into the scoop base, maybe two, I don't remember right off.

·
Super Moderator
14,926 Posts
Too bad the new shakers are not like the 1970-1971 originals. Those shakers had two manually-controlled flaps that could be closed by a pull-cable mounted under the dash.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I looked with a light & found one at the front, I wouldn't want to let water flow through there with those high pressure car washes. I will make something to block the front off.

·
Premium Member
1,434 Posts
I wouldn't think of taking my Shaker to a car wash. You never know what might happen and they are just too hard on the paint. All those brushes and strips they don't get cleaned between washes and do you look at those really dirty cars going in ahead of you. Just a thought.

Reactions: Jimmy 2-Tone

·
Registered
287 Posts
Ahh No do it by hand , YOURSELF !!

Reactions: Triz and btcm

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The car wash I go to is touchless, no brushes or anything touching the car. it is water jet nozzels and reach everywhere from under the car and all around it. I would block off my shaker with a plastic bag over it then close the hood down so water wont get inside the shaker. the one thing that has kept me away is not knowing what their wax or clear coat protectant has in it. I know that anything with petroleum contents such as some waxes are very hard on the black stripes and want to avoid that. someone on the forum here was saying they use the turtle wax "ice" I think it's called. it is the wax that can be applied to rubber & plastic without leaving the white haze and they say it is safe for the stripes. trying to wax in between the stripes is time consuming and I just want to make sure my stripes stay new looking for the life of the car.

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
Nothing to be concerned about.

Even if the water made it all the way to the filter box, it would simply drain out the main air inlet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts