Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Do you prefer an Automatic(A5,A8) or Manual(M6) transmission?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
JUST VOTE USING THE POLL,VIEW THE RESULTS AND CARRY ON WTH YOUR BROWSING

Ok,there are some ongoing debates throughout this forum on automatic vs manual transmissions.Some prefer the M6 while others the A5 or new 2015 A8.Let us see what the majority prefer by having the masses reveal their choices in a poll.Let the numbers and percentages speak.I didn't start this to encourage the long winded explanations of why one prefers a certain transmission,...that can be expressed by individuals on the many other threads covering this debate.Lets just make it quick and easy to get the facts without the opinions.

The poll has been set up for multiple choices but lets try to keep them to a minimum where possible.

Manual 6 Speed - M6
Automatic 5 Speed - A5
Automatic 8 Speed - A8

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
^^^ x 100

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
I feel like this thread needs to be closed, locked and thrown away forever... :domotwak:

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hasn't this been done already?
I know there are ongoing discussions within certain threads elsewhere on this forum but are there polls being taken as well.I don't know,...just asking as I have not come across any covering this topic.Let me know and I'll remove this poll if necessary.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
I guess a lot of people who frequent this forum need to hear from others what trans to run instead of making up their own minds with test-driving.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
I didn't see a poll for this? :D

Reactions: Mopar4Bama

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Just get one of each!!!

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Well with the poll options you have listed with people who have switched, and adding the A8 which was never an option until 2015 MY, I suppose it would be interesting to see the preferences across 3 trans choices now.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
There was also the 2009 A4 trans that the 3.5L models had, not sure if anyone prefers that though

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
I like the fact that you added multiple choice in the poll. Great idea!

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
I will get an admin to either delete or change the poll options. How can anyone vote on a transmission that isn't even out yet as we all wait for the Hellcat. I realize the 8 speed is used in other cars, but the one in the Hellcat is beefed up.

And yes, we've beaten this subject to death. I believe there are 2-3 or similar polls like this in the past couple weeks.

:bangin:

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I will get an admin to either delete or change the poll options. How can anyone vote on a transmission that isn't even out yet as we all wait for the Hellcat. I realize the 8 speed is used in other cars, but the one in the Hellcat is beefed up.

And yes, we've beaten this subject to death. I believe there are 2-3 or similar polls like this in the past couple weeks.

:bangin:
Geeesh,...relax a little my friend.The Hellcat 8 speed is out there,...in pre-production cars that have been tested and reviewed by many car magazines and pro drivers.They are showing up at many car shows across North America.The multiple poll answer approach was done to include not only current owners but people who have or will be purchasing a 2015 Challenger who's production has already commenced.The poll is set up to include not only what one already owns in term of transmission preference but also will collect information on who may have changed from an A5 to M6 or from M6 to A5.It will also show what models have greater number of M6,A5 or A8 transmissions.

Also,the polls duration has been posted to last for over a year which will in turn continue to collect information showing what future Challenger owners will prefer which in turn will reveal and provide a broader picture of what the numbers and percentages are for each transmission.

Just add the percentages together that pertain to each of the 5 questions for each transmission type and you can keep track which has a more popular demand.

Again,let us see what the number and percentages determine for us all over an extended period of time,...I don't see how this is or could annoy anyone to the degree of having the poll discontinued.

As stated in my original post I didn't set it up to include lengthy heated debate on we THINK is a better along with our personal opinions,...there are already many threads that include that banter.

Pure and simple,...this is just an ongoing poll to collect the numbers and percentages of what Challenger owners are leaning towards in a transmission.

·
Registered
2021 Charger SPWB
4,074 Posts
I absolutely hate the thought of driving an automatic, yet there's no doubt it's superior to the 6 spd in so many ways......except ONE. There's just no substitute for the "feel" a standard shift gives me IMO. When I go into or out of a turn quickly, I know exactly what gear I want to be in and feel more connected to the whole driving experience.
I've not driven the 8 spd yet, and will have to do so before I order my next car. I'll try to be fair, BUT, I'm a bit skeptical that an auto is going to win me over. I really don't want to be disappointed with whichever tranny I decide to go with. At this point, I don't feel it's fair to vote on the poll since the jury's still out.:confused:

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Easier poll; M6 is only available in Challengers and Darts pick the Nameplate first as the rest CAN'T have the option. ;)

·
Premium Member
10,437 Posts
If you're a stick guy at heart and buy an automatic, you will regret it.

Reactions: wasp392
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.