Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Auto- Upshift is what automatically upshifts your car in auto-stick to prevent you from blowing your engine, you can turn it off to mimic a full manual, but just don't blow your engine by over-reving, as it over-rides the safety system.

·
Super Moderator
09 RT Challenger auto
3,467 Posts
Nope, nothing but a TCM upgrade will give gear hold. the mode 1 mode 2 kinda does almost NOTHING. lol. Look at DS forum or do a search here, you will find info. From DS was explained to me,,quote you just have to try each mode to see what it does with your car. Each calid number is diffrent so they have no way of knowing what ea of the 2 modes will do with a paticular calid (car) It more controls the way it downshifts ? end quote. huh,, #%^* what..
On the challengers you will never have full manual mode. Its with the older Hemis and other cars that you can control upshifts and have gear hold.
The mtcm upgrade will give gear hold. With other features, the upgrade mtcm has diffrent effects on a car by car basis. I chated with Builder Bill. One of the greatest NAG1 trans builders and he has 15 MTCM coming soon.
Its funny that the mtcm effect each car diffrently, some like it some dont.
The cars do have a rev limit, more likly you wont blow your motor.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Nope, nothing but a TCM upgrade will give gear hold. the mode 1 mode 2 kinda does almost NOTHING. lol. Look at DS forum or do a search here, you will find info. From DS was explained to me,,quote you just have to try each mode to see what it does with your car. Each calid number is diffrent so they have no way of knowing what ea of the 2 modes will do with a paticular calid (car) It more controls the way it downshifts ? end quote. huh,, #%^* what..
On the challengers you will never have full manual mode. Its with the older Hemis and other cars that you can control upshifts and have gear hold.
The mtcm upgrade will give gear hold. With other features, the upgrade mtcm has diffrent effects on a car by car basis. I chated with Builder Bill. One of the greatest NAG1 trans builders and he has 15 MTCM coming soon.
You the man.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
That's strange, I was always told it's one of the random 4 options, you have to try each of them until the car no longer shifts out automatically in auto-stick, it's a trial and error thing, but I thought plenty of members have it set up like that here...maybe they also removed the rev limits.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I don't know of one member that has a auto challenger that the predator upshift delete has worked on.

The earlier model chargers and such but not 09 and newer challengers.

I thought the same thing as you when I bought the predator only to find out it doesn't work so I had to sell the predator new and unused at a loss. Ticked me off, false advertising as far as I'm concerned.

·
Registered
772 Posts
It only works on the '08 TCMs

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
I don't know of one member that has a auto challenger that the predator upshift delete has worked on.

The earlier model chargers and such but not 09 and newer challengers.

I thought the same thing as you when I bought the predator only to find out it doesn't work so I had to sell the predator new and unused at a loss. Ticked me off, false advertising as far as I'm concerned.

Hmm..so my 08 Challenger should still do it, as it has to 08 TCM? I doubt I'd ever want to do this anyway as I have never even owned a manual, so I'd more than likely hurt my hemi when being stupid, but good to know so I don't sound silly:redcap:

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I really don't know if it works on the 08 challengers or not, it does on other models. Probably depends on build date of vehicle.

If it does work I wouldn't worry about hurting anything as long as you don't increase the rev limiter too much.

·
Registered
72 Posts
auto shift

I like the computer to shift mine, but when they put my maggie on they set it to where I had to shift, I found this out by mistake when I punched it an expected it to shift, it went limp, I knew why right way, so I tried it again and it went limp, so I called and Livernois stated they had changed it because most like it that way, so it will shut down once you hit 6200 on the 6.1 auto, mine i a 2008. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Auto- Upshift is what automatically upshifts your car in auto-stick to prevent you from blowing your engine, you can turn it off to mimic a full manual, but just don't blow your engine by over-reving, as it over-rides the safety system.
The engine will not rev past the rev limiter with auto upshift disabled

·
Registered
772 Posts
I really don't know if it works on the 08 challengers or not, it does on other models. Probably depends on build date of vehicle.

If it does work I wouldn't worry about hurting anything as long as you don't increase the rev limiter too much.
Yeah it works on the '08 ;)

·
Registered
2010 Dodge Challenger RT
46 Posts
Just wondering if there has been any update to this? I have an 2010 R/T and I'm getting tired of the auto upshift in manual mode. Does the predator 2 or intune fix this issue? Or do I still need a TCM? I'm sick of 2 second burnouts then it upshifts into 2nd and nothing. I'd even be happy to lower my rev limiter so I don't break anything. But I hate having to downshift to try and stay in 1st once it auto upshifts. Take the fun out of a lot of stuff IMO. Any help is appreciated!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts