Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm sitting in the driveway, key in garage, wife at mall with other set. Car starts.... WTF!!!!! Had to go get my key and shut it off..... Yesturday I went into the store came out and car was running again.... I don't understand??? In garage my key was laying right side up so there was no reason of an accidental button push.... In store, maybe??? I doubt it..

Anyone else have this happen?

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the links, I have read them posts already. I have a 2010, the 2011 updated so you can't lock your keys in the trunk or car.
My keyfob always worked, so no issue there, i think?

I did get the latest firmware load form Dodge a few months ago because of the car not starting at all from the remote, that happened every blue moon though..... Maybe there is another fix? or soon will be?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I went into the garage to find the car inexplicably running about a month ago. I have no idea how long it had been running when I found it. Could the keyfob have been triggered inadvertantly at some point? Maybe, but it seems kind of unlikely. It hasn't happened again since, but it worries me somewhat to think the car might sponaneously start up in a sealed garage without my knowlege.

·
Banned
5,768 Posts
i've tried to do a search but i'm not finding anything.

do all 2011 392's come with remote start?

i remember my buddy's old Charger SRT8 having the key fob that would remote start his car, but my SRT8300C doesn't have it.

do all 392's have the key fob remote start?

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great..... My car started by itself again while in the garage. I wasn't even home. My wife was sitting in the living room and heard it start......

·
Registered
155 Posts
Could there be another Chrysler made vehicle near by? They both may be on the same code. I had a similar issue with my Audio system in the house. My neighbor has the same brand and he would turn on my system when he turned on his. Had to put in a new code to keep that from happening. Could this be the same?

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Could there be another Chrysler made vehicle near by? They both may be on the same code. I had a similar issue with my Audio system in the house. My neighbor has the same brand and he would turn on my system when he turned on his. Had to put in a new code to keep that from happening. Could this be the same?

Not sure? I thought it had rolling codes? Something to think about tho.....

Thanks

·
Registered
696 Posts
Great..... My car started by itself again while in the garage. I wasn't even home. My wife was sitting in the living room and heard it start......
this is a movie in the making. let us know when it takes off and does scary stuff. :eek:ogle:

on my 2012 only weird things that have happened were:

i closed my trunk and it reopened.. i found my keyfob in a pair of pants i stuck in the trunk. solved.

remote start on a cold morning only to forget about it.. went out 30 minutes later and it was turned off. unsolved.

·
Registered
'16 A8 Scat Pack
11,275 Posts
this is a movie in the making. let us know when it takes off and does scary stuff. :eek:ogle:

on my 2012 only weird things that have happened were:

i closed my trunk and it reopened.. i found my keyfob in a pair of pants i stuck in the trunk. solved.

remote start on a cold morning only to forget about it.. went out 30 minutes later and it was turned off. unsolved.
I believe that the engine only runs for 10 minutes when started "remotely".

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

LOL..... Actually I had some cheap winter floor mats in the car and I flored it from a light, pedal stayed to the floor, got caught under the rubber matt... Damn scary!!!

·
Registered
217 Posts
She is alive! Better treat her right!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts